Thread: Windows 7: Update Windows media player to 2.5.0.1

Windows 7: Update Windows media player to 2.5.0.1

Hello friends, I am right now continuously trying to use the Over Drive Media console but I cannot upload books for the reason that it states the security on my windows media player is out of date. I then achieved the upgrading tool that is built into OverDrive but that won’t helped me out. After that I tried the other websites help but that also not helped me. The button is not push able. I believe it has somewhat to do with Windows 7 that is reason for the trouble. Please help

Re: Windows 7: Update Windows media player to 2.5.0.1

You won’t need not to go to the Windows Media Player rather follow the instructions: at the starting open up the “OverDrive Media Console", in that select the tools options and in that choose the option Windows Media Player Security Upgrade and then push OK button. After doing this you are now ready to use with the Security patch.

Try to perform, the steps below: (1) click on to the control panel through the Start button, from that open the folder options and choose the tab of the View. (2) In that you should have to choose the “Show hidden files and folders” and in that uncheck the alternative “Hide protected operating system files” (3) in the pop message click to the Yes button and then exit the control panel. (4) go at the search box and in that type “C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\DR”. (5) You will now get the list of the files and from those delete 4 files that is blackbox.bin, drmstore.hds, v3ks.bla, v3ks.sec. (6) Shut down this window and open OverDrive Media Console. And then upgrade Windows Media Player Security Upgrade. (7) After this up-gradation is complete, then try downloading a book.

I was also facing the problem then what I did is I went to the link with the help of the Internet Explorer in place of the Firefox. After downloading the book , i was able to run the update and open a book which I downloaded through the public library. You may have to close the Windows Explorer and re-open it to view the changes. I then easily updated it and now and able to perform it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarner View Post
    You won’t need not to go to the Windows Media Player rather follow the instructions: at the starting open up the “OverDrive Media Console", in that select the tools options and in that choose the option Windows Media Player Security Upgrade and then push OK button. After doing this you are now ready to use with the Security patch.
    You really got it right, it has helped me out from my issue.