Thread: Installation of windows XP freezes due to i386 Ntkrnlmp.Exe

Installation of windows XP freezes due to i386 Ntkrnlmp.Exe

I was having Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on my Acer Aspire 4920 notebook. My system was working fine. Last night while browsing the internet there was virus attack and my operating system files got corrupted due to which my system was not starting. So I started to install a new operating system. While doing the installation my system freezes and it also stops responding. It was displaying i386 Ntkrnlmp.Exe error and installation of windows could not complete. I need a solution for troubleshooting this problem so that I can install windows on my laptop.

Re: Installation of windows XP freezes due to i386 Ntkrnlmp.Exe

There is i386 folder located in your C:\\windows directory holds files which are used for installing, repairing, modifying, updating and rebuilding Windows. The installation of windows operating system could not complete because some of the files from the i386 folder was missing. You need to make sure that the windows CD you are using for installing a new operating system is having all of the files which are necessary for the installation. If in case the files are missing than the installation could not complete.

You need to be sure that the BIOS in your system are having the correct settings. If the BIOS settings are wrong then it might result in Ntkrnlmp.Exe Error. You might be getting Ntkrnlmp.Exe Error because the Basic Input Output System i.e. BIOS settings are incorrect. You can solve Ntkrnlmp.Exe Error by resetting your BIOS to factory settings. You can reset the BIOS by entering into BIOS settings. Restart the computer system and press DEL key from the keyboard to enter into BIOS. After entering into BIOS you need to browse for the option of “restore to factory defaults”. This option will reset the BIOS and the Ntkrnlmp.Exe Error might get resolved.

If you are getting the Ntkrnlmp.Exe Error and the installation could not complete then your BIOS settings might be incorrect. You can solve this error by resetting the BIOS to default factory settings. If the error of Ntkrnlmp.Exe is not resolved by resetting the BIOS then you need to upgrade the BIOS in your system. You can update the BIOS by downloading the latest update from the manufacturer website. After downloading the update you need to follow each and every step of installation of BIOS update. Once BIOS is updated the Ntkrnlmp.Exe Error will be eliminated.

If you are getting the installation error while installating new operating system then it might there might be problem of RAM. The RAM memory installed in your computer system might be faulty. You need to solve the faulty RAM problem from your computer system so that you can install new operating system. You can solve the RAM problem very easily. Turn off your computer system and remove the RAM installed on your system. Replace the RAM with another RAM module. After replacing the RAM restart the system and start the installation to check if the installation problem occurs again.