Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Few programs disappear after installation

Operating Systems

Old 24-12-2010

Few programs disappear after installation

I have some strange problem with my computer. But my problem is that many of the installed programs get disappeared after few days. Once this is done then I have to reinstall that software. While installing again it notifies me that I have already installed this but I cannot see it anywhere in my computer. Is there anyone who faced the similar problem? If you know the solution, then please share this with me. Thank you.

Old 24-12-2010

Re: Few programs disappear after installation

I think that you need to perform the system restore to your computer. In the system tools you can run the system restore. In that you should select the date prior to the date when the program was visible to you and after that do the restore to that point. This will set all the settings and all other things to that point of date. There are more chances that it will solve the problem that you are facing.
Old 24-12-2010

There may be some of the files in your system that are missing or corrupted. So you are getting the problems like this. You should run the System File checker and this can resolve the issue. To do this, first click on start and run. There you have to type sfc /scannow. Press enter button. And this will do the thing that you want. I hope that this will solve the problem.
Old 24-12-2010

There may be some problems because of the virus in your system. You should scan the entire system with some updated antivirus and if it detects any virus in the system then remove or delete that. After completion of this scan, you can reboot the system and this time you will found the problem is solved. This should be the first thing that you need to do.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,