Thread: Error: No disk which can be used for recovering the system disk can be found

Error: No disk which can be used for recovering the system disk can be found

I am attempting to restore an system image from a 160 GB hard drive to a novel 320 GB hard drive utilizing a repair disk I made on the similar PC. Later than the repair loads, it discovers my restore picture on D drive, the 320 GB drive is not ensured in the excluded window. While I begin the restore, I receive "No disk which can be utilized for recovering the system disk can be found". I have even installed windows 7 on the novel 320 GB drive in hopes that it would permit the recovery, it does not.

Re: Error: No disk which can be used for recovering the system disk can be found

I lastly just got it functioning. Annoying to go from a 500 GB drive to one more 500 GB drive and receiving the similar error. I went into Diskpart and enter "select disk=0". After that I enter "detail disk" to make certain I had the correct drive. I entered "Clean", and after that "exit" to dodge of Diskpart. And after that I in progress the image recovery and lastly it works. Earlier than I did these commands I had set-up the drive to one big partition, put the partition to active, and made certain it had a drive letter allocated.

Re: Error: No disk which can be used for recovering the system disk can be found

I have been testing with reinstating a picture backup of an old Windows 7 laptop of my to a Hyper-V guest machine. The laptop has a solitary hard disk of 300 GB with 3 partitions: 10 GB recovery partition, 150 GB C: drive and 150 GB D: drive. Just the C: drive was built-in in the backup. With the virtual disk set at 160 GB, I was receiving the "no disk which can be utilized" error. I got the similar error at 300 GB. While I bumped the disk to 640 GB, I was able to do the restore. From that I end that the aim DISK size has to be as a minimum as big as the source DISK, regardless of the size of the separation you are annoying to restore. That is not how I would have expected it to act, but there you have it.

Has anybody figured this trouble out up till now? I am receiving the accurate error and I made an image of a 200 GB drive and I am annoying to reinstate the image to a 500 GB drive the destination disk is better than the source. The 500 GB is disk 0 and is not barred; the disk with the picture on it is a USB attached drive and is scheduled as disk 1 in Diskpart. I am booting from the windows 7 setup DVD and selecting the recover alternative. I have attempted with the 500 GB drive empty with no partitions, and with one big partition, and with a partition of 200 GB and the remaining left a blank space all result with the similar "No disk can be utilized 0x80042412" message.