Thread: Volume slider goes down in windows 7

Volume slider goes down in windows 7

I was having windows XP operating system installed on my desktop but as the technology changes so I have also updated myself from desktop to Acer Aspire 8920G laptop. I have installed windows 7 operating system on my new system. My system was working fine. From last few days I am facing problem with my volume slider such that it goes down automatically. I tried to restart the system so that this problem of volume slider could be fixed but couldn’t succeed. I need a solution for this problem so that I can troubleshoot this problem.

Re: Volume slider goes down in windows 7

If you are having problem with volume slider in windows 7 such that it goes down automatically then you can troubleshoot this problem by following the steps given below:
    1. You need to start the system and login into it as an administrator.
    2. Then you need to go to the “sound and audio devices” from the start/control panel. You can access the sound and audio devices directly by typing “mmsys.cpl” command in the run window.
    3. Now you need to select communication tab from the “sound and audio devices”. In the communication tab you need to click on the “do nothing” option checkbox and then click on apply button.
    4. Now the problem of volume slider is resolved and it will not go down.

You need to make sure that the sound driver is installed on your system. If the sound driver is not installed then in that case the slider will not come up. You need to install the sound driver and now the slider will not remain down. If the sound driver is corrupted then also the volume slider will not come up. You can get the sound driver from the Microsoft website. After the installation of sound driver your slider problem will be resolved.

If you are having problem with volume slider then you can troubleshoot this problem by making use of Realtek HD Audio Manager. After installing Realtek HD Audio Manager, you need to double click on it so that it launches. You need to click on the folder icon above the “analog” word. This is where the connector settings are done. You need to click on the “Disable front panel jack detection” to disable it. Restart the system and the volume slider problem will be resolved.

idea Re: Volume slider goes down in windows 7

Hi All,
    After going through all of the suggested remedie's with no result I realised that the proble was with my Keyboard (Windows natural Multimedia wireless)
    A stuck + key on sound section at the top was the problem!DOH!.
    Thanks to all of the nice chaps who suggested fixes
    Regards Geofrs