Thread: Error: "Installer integrity check has failed...damaged media

Error: "Installer integrity check has failed...damaged media

I have installed Windows 7 operating system on my desktop machine and recently my IM client tried to auto-update but got failed. So I was trying to fix the problem and there is nothing that I found. Please help me guys, I am getting an error mentioned as follows.

"Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy."

Re: Error: "Installer integrity check has failed...damaged media

I think an issue is regarding an internet connection due to which the file that you are trying to install have got damaged and hence you are not able to install it properly. I suggest you to check your internet connection which should be up to date and should not have any fluctuation which may stop the installation in between the process.

Getting the new copy of the software means that you need to simply try reinstalling the same software by the same file that you were using previously but as connection have got lost while installing it, It has been damaged and hence installer might not be able to continue an installation. It is just a warning to get the proper installed program at the end. I suggest you to abort an installation and then try it one more time, It may not show any problem this time!

It could be the browser which might not be allowed to do such things on your windows machine. I suggest you to check installing the same thing from some other browser such as Opera or Firefox as according to me both of these browser are better then that of an Internet Explorer. I am using Mozilla Firefox for my personal use and never seen any issues for download, installing or streaming data from an internet connection.

I think there is nothing wrong with the browser so changing the browser won't be changing the result that you have got on your machine. I suggest you to disable all the firewalls on your machine which seems to be blocking your browser to install the programs. First of all you need to disable the Windows firewall and then keep in mind that even security software that you have installed on your machine could also be responsible for such issue.