Thread: Free MTS converter on Mac OSx

Free MTS converter on Mac OSx

Last night while browsing across the internet, there was virus attack on my Dell Inspiron 6400. Due to which my operating system files were corrupted. My system reboots every time. I then installed Mac OSx operating system and update all my drivers. Now my system was king fine. I wanted a solution in which I can get the details about mts file format. Also I need a solution through which I can play mts file.

Re: Free MTS converter on Mac OSx

MTS file format is the high definition MPEG file. MTS file are used by HD camcorders such as Sony, Canon etc. You can make use of Sony Vegas Pro and Final Cut Pro by Apple to play mts file. If you want to play the mts file on Mac OSx operating system then in that case you can make use of VLC player. VLC player is a powerful media player which comes with different types of codec installed in it and it can play the mts file easily.

MTS file is an Advance Video Codec High Definition file format. If you want to play mts file on Mac OSx platform then you can make use of media player software. Below are the steps given to play mts file:
    1. You need to download and install VLC media player on your system.
    2. After installing VLC media player software you need to launch it by double clicking on it.
    3. In the VLC media player software you need to click on media and then select “Open file” option.
    4. Now you need to browse to the location where mts file are located. Select mts file and then click on open button. Mts file will be played in VLC software.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given I have downloaded VLC player software for playing mts file. Now the VLC player can play the mts file. I want to edit the video and so I downloaded iMovie software but I am unaware of the steps to import it into iMovie. I need a solution which will help me to import video into iMovie software for editing.

You need to download and install iMovie software. iMovie software is video editing software and it is compatible on Mac OSx platform. The steps to import video in iMovie software are given below:
    1. You need to select and add MTS video to the AVCHD camcorder. You should copy all the mts file to hard disk and then add them to the Mac MTS Converter.
    2. Now you need to select output format in which you want the video to be converted such as MP4 file format.
    3. After clicking on convert button from the iMovie software it will start converting mts videos.
    4. When the conversion is completed you can import the mts file in iMovie software by selecting file menu and the clicking on import options.