Thread: Volume mixer crashes after playing any media file

Volume mixer crashes after playing any media file

I have got a desktop computer , I am facing some sort of problem in when I play any media file , well I get an error “ volume mixer is not responding “ when I try to play any file that needs sound , for example when I try to watch any video in the you tube the page will get stuck at one place and it generate a pop up that states the error message which I mentioned just now, whenever I try to plug any sort of headphones in my system , it leads into a blue screen error. I did not expect this sort of error occur in the Windows 7 operating system. So if you are familiar with this sort of error then you can reply me in the next post.

Re: Volume mixer crashes after playing any media file

I just bought a new dell inspiron around 3 months back that has Windows 7 operating system in it , I think I too face this same issue of crashing volume mixer and one day my system froze and it resulted in a no sound issue , the system keeps up freezing in every 5 seconds . So what I do I use the task manager to close whatsoever application the volume mixer seems to have resulted to a crash and it frustrates me a lot . But just closing the process from the task manager did not solve the whole issue.

In that case I will ask you to open the Audio troubleshooter, in order to open that click on the Start button, and then go to control panel . Once you are in the control panel , in the search box type troubleshooter, it will open up with a dialog box and you will have to select Troubleshooting. You will have to go under Hardware and Sound section and then click Troubleshoot audio playback over there .

Does this issue occur only when you pay any video file in the you tube or does it happen in the other application as well.I would recommend you to use audio troubleshooter and run a test through it and check if sorts out your issue or not and fixes it out. I do not know exactly how it works but can tell you that it will surely help you in get rid of this problem. But please do not forget to post back your reply .

But if you are asked about the administrator password or verification, type the password or provide the necessary credentials over there . Try to restart the windows audio service and confirm whether it works fine, please go after the steps given . After that in the Start Search box then press the enter key . From there you can start the audio services after right clicking on it and select start .

But in here you are facing the driver issue as well. I think whenever you attempt to play any file that requires a sound file with it , it seems a strange issue, I think it is disabling temporary the sound driver whenever you are attempting to play any sort of media file. So in this case what you can do is you can uninstall the existing sound driver and install the fresh on again after downloading it from the internet.