Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 - Unable to run any programs due to administrator restrictions

Operating Systems

Old 24-12-2010

Windows 7 - Unable to run any programs due to administrator restrictions

I have bought this new HP laptop just before sometime and I have tried installing few programs on this machine but I am not able to install due to administrator restrictions but the thing is I am an Admin of this laptop. Even I am not able to run several programs. This laptop has a Windows 7 running on it. I am getting the message which says that an ADMIN have restricted some functions and I am no allowed to exercise them. I am not able to find the settings to change this behavior.

Old 24-12-2010

Re: Windows 7 - Unable to run any programs due to administrator restrictions

I think you must have got some kind of problem with your administrator account due to which you are facing such issues on your windows machine even after log in from an admin account. I suggest you to create one more account and then you may delete the current on which you have problems regarding the rights allowed by the user. Once you have created another account then make sure that you have given it all the admin rights which won't be showing much problems.
Old 24-12-2010

I think you must try logging on the same account which may not show any problem by booting the window operating system from the Safe Mode. This mode of the windows os are very much useful in such conditions when user has some problems which are specially related with the basic functionality of an operating system. You have to reboot your machine and then keep on pressing the F8 key which will take you to the Windows Booting Options where you have to select for the Safe Mode with or without Networking. You won't be having any issues by booting without networking as your issue doesn't have anything with the LAN or anything like that.
Old 24-12-2010

I would like to ask you that which program that you are not able to install/uninstall by using your admin account the windows machine as it would be bit more helpful for people to get the core of the problem by knowing the name of the program. It could be the program which might have tweaked up your account restrictions for that particular program. Anyway, For now I would be recommending you to scan your computer system which may show you strange things!
Old 24-12-2010

According to me, It should be some virus on your machine which might be affecting the windows registry due to which its admin account is not working as per the expectations. I suggest you to scan you whole hard drive by using an Avast antivirus as it is the best security software I have ever came across. I suggest you to check that is there any virus in your drive where you have installed the Windows operating system. Here I have provided you the link to download an AVAST VIRUS CLEANER.
Old 25-12-2010

If you have a CD to reinstall Windows or boot restarts the inside is as if you go to format but you do not you have an option to repair windows and all functionalities it ask you before formatting press R to AC repair windows but you shall not remove any files. The option to Repair <lecoyotte> is good. However you can also try to create a true Administrator account (This account is disabled by default in all versions of XP and Vista). Warning: the procedure is different for the Home and Pro version.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,