Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Error "No such interface supported"

Windows 7 Error "No such interface supported"

I recently installed windows 7 RC on my machine. I have tried to install Internet explorer 7 but it won't allow me... so i uninstall IE. The problem is now when i open any folder i get error message : "No such interface supported". Is there any way i can fix the problem or must i reinstall?

Re: Windows 7 Error "No such interface supported"

No such interface supported error message if you install a customized version of Internet Explorer that was created with the Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK) version 5.01 Service Pack 1 (SP1), 5.5 SP1, or 6.0. If the problem is still not resolved, reinstall Internet Explorer. If you are using the version of Internet Explorer that is included with your operating system, reinstall or repair your operating system. Check this Microsoft guide for more information : No such interface supported

If you cannot open IE, start IE without addons. Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No add-ons). If it is a problem with IE7 then start looking at the BHOs, (Browser Helper Objects), you have installed on IE, and also any toolbars, Google, Yahoo, etc. Check if a program running in the background is interfering with Internet Explorer.

No such interface supported error occur If you've used JavaScript with Internet Explorer extensively, You're not supposed to install Internet Explorer 7 on Windows 7. Because the System File Checker didn't work.Register two DLL's using RegSvr32: actxprxy.dll and shdocvw.dll. After you register those two DLL's, reboot your computer and try it again. The message should disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    No such interface supported error occur If you've used JavaScript with Internet Explorer extensively, You're not supposed to install Internet Explorer 7 on Windows 7. Because the System File Checker didn't work.Register two DLL's using RegSvr32: actxprxy.dll and shdocvw.dll. After you register those two DLL's, reboot your computer and try it again. The message should disappear.
    Thanks Wynn !! you saved my Day.

registering actxprxy.dll worked for me.
    now my win7 ultimate working just fine.
    PS i just registered here to say thank you. :-)
    Last edited by majnoo; 29-01-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Thanks

TY Wynn!!! I am like the guy above and just registered to say thanks, I started my work day uninstalling IE7 standalone because it did not work yesterday and I was screwed, tried 3 fixes until I came across this post. Worked Perfectly!! I also only had to register the 1 dll. Thanks Again!!

sad Re: Windows 7 Error "No such interface supported"

Wynn your solution im guessing has fixed a few peoples problems. my since im not very good with computers unlike you I would really appreciate if you could make a simple guide for me to follow in order to... re-register my dll files? or something

"No such interface supported" is caused by a dll issue in Windows 7. This commandline does the same without manual edit files. FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO "%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe" /s "%G". Or in notepad when replacing "C:\" with "C:\Windows\System\Regsvr32.exe /s C:\" change system to system32 that worked for me.

Dear user,

I had same problem in windows 7, explorer is not working i could not understand the syntax explained by you. please tell me is this the right way to register dll files (regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\actxprxy.dll )at cmd. commad prompt if not then please tell me the right way to register i will be grateful of you. thank you very much.

hi i'm on windows 7 n trying to use pc clone lite ex on to back up but havin no luck

internet explorer and normal explorer are same and/or related. thus removing IE will cause problems in explorer too.

Thank you Wynn and Thank you Sunnyblue!!! i did what you told me and everything is back to normal now (hope it stay like that!),the only reason i create my acount here is to thank you guys! i Run a net cafe and my server had this problem! You are the best guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyblue View Post
    Dear user,

I had same problem in windows 7, explorer is not working i could not understand the syntax explained by you. please tell me is this the right way to register dll files (regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\actxprxy.dll )at cmd. commad prompt if not then please tell me the right way to register i will be grateful of you. thank you very much.
    hi
    I try it,but cmd answers "program too big to fit in memory"
    please guide me

wen i open my computer it says no such interface supported

Quote Originally Posted by akshatkanchan View Post
    wen i open my computer it says no such interface supported
    The error "No such interface supported" occurs due to a dll problem. I was able to find a way to solve this issue from some website, please follow the below method to solve it:

1) First go Start/Run, and type in 'cmd' to bring up the Command Prompt.

2) Type 'CD \' and hit enter.

3) Type 'DIR *.dll /s /b > regdll.bat' and hit enter.

4) Type 'Notepad regdll.bat' and hit enter.

Now Notepad is going to bring up a list of your .dll files, never mind that for a moment.

5) Now type 'Path' and hit enter to see your current path. It will bring up something like: Path=c:\Windows;c:\windows\Command

6) (supplement your Windows Version, ex: C:\WINNT, or C:\Windows) Now type: 'Path=c:\windows;c:\windows\Command;c:\Windows\Pro g
    ram~\Accessories' and hit enter.

7) Verify again by typing 'Path' and hitting enter, and then type: 'C:\WINNT\System32\Regsvr32.exe /s C:\' and hit enter again.

Now, go back to Notepad and if you have Win98 use the replace feature in Wordpad (CTRL + H) or notepad to search for 'C:\' and replace it with this: 'C:\Windows\System\Regsvr32.exe /s C:\'

If you have Win2000, etc. use the replace command in note pad to search for 'C:\' and replace it with this: 'C:\WINNT\System32\Regsvr32.exe /s C:\'

*Be sure to type the replace string exactly like above or it won't work*

9) Use "Replace All" to make the changes to the entire file.

10) When it finishes, save it, exit notepad or wordpad, and return to the Command Prompt.

11) Type 'regdll' and press enter. If you followed the above steps correctly it will now go through and re-register all your .dll files.

An example of a line from my bat is below

"C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe /s C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ink\IPSEventLogMsg.dll"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast