Thread: Unable to create restore point in Microsoft Windows XP.

Unable to create restore point in Microsoft Windows XP.

I am facing very interesting problem. When I try to perform system restore point, it prompts an error saying Restore failed and restarts the pc. I have try chkdsk, Re-installed Restore point and also applied some tricks on the registry keys. I have also uninstalled the antivirus software from my pc. When I check for the system restore points it prompts no restore points are exist. I will really appreciate your ideas. Please get me out from this problem.

re: Unable to create restore point in Microsoft Windows XP.

According to your problem I can suggest you some keys that should be present in your registry. This registry keys should be present in your system registry. You can save them in .reg file. Merge by right clicking on it. All the keys are listed below. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\.htc, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\text/x-component , HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\text/x-component, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3050f4f8-98b5-11cf-bb82-00aa00bdce0b}, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3050f4f8-98b5-11cf-bb82-00aa00bdce0b}\InProcServer32

There is another way to rectify your problem. It was happening due to unregistered system restore file. May be following code will help you put. regsvr32 wshom.ocx press enter regsvr32 scrrun.dll press enter regsvr32 jscript.dll press enter regsvr32 urlmon.dll press enter helpctr.exe –unregserver press enter helpctr.exe –regserver. Write all the code on command prompt of your PC. I hope it will help you and rectify your problem.

I was also unable to create System restore point in my Computer. While searching on Google I read the following trick. It really worked on me. The solution consists of following steps. There is " \%windir%\system32\restore folder " folder in Windows folder. Its extracts CAB file. You can extract and get 14 files from it. It will provide your information about files. I think it will definitely solve your problem

The following check points should be considered while you create the system restore point. There should be available enough space to perform system restore. Have you disable any services in services.msc ?"Shadow Copies not supported" usually removed and you should check whether your file system is of FAT32? I think above mention question will help you to fix your problem. All the best.

According to your situation I can tell you to do some step that you can try on your computer. Move to C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore folder. There you will find folder rstrui.exe rename the folder with rstrui.xxx.If you have System File Protection you should replace it. Once replace click on the folder. Try to create System restore point it will definitely work for you. If still it’s not working then you can install a fresh copy of Windows XP which is the ultimate solution.