Thread: Unable to Access XP PC from Windows 7 PC

Unable to Access XP PC from Windows 7 PC

Hello friends, I am in trouble that I am unable to access my XP workgroup computer system through my windows 7 computer. It tells me that I do not have access and authorization to access and view the Windows XP computers files and folders. Does anyone of them have any idea about that how to permit open sharing between the both of the personal computers? Also how can I set the permission? I have the whole thing to locate to share on the network, no passwords wanted, and the PC's are on the similar workgroup. Please help me to access XP system from the Windows 7 system!

Re: Unable to Access XP PC from Windows 7 PC

I do have the identical kind of experience with my system, I was neither able to have the access onto my Windows 7 personal computer, nor I was able to share my printer, from any of my XP machines. But right now I can, however gain access to and from my brother’s laptop on which Vista OS is running. Also the other way you may try removing the share and adding it back another time making sure to open to the entire users.

The problem behind might be that the XP is unable to connect o the Home group plus I believe that you need to encompass the Internet Protocol version 6 that is IPv6 for Home groups to work with it. For that you need go to the Network and Sharing Center. After it click onto the "Change advanced sharing settings" options. Enlarge "Home or Work". Roll down to "Home group connections". Confirm that it's located to "Use user accounts and passwords to join to another computers system". Also confirm that you have an account with the similar user name and password on both personal computers. I would go round IP version 6 back on. Depending on how you disabled it disabling it might be reason for further troubles.

Very Firstly, I would ask you to verify whether that the Windows 7 operating system machine is in the domain. And also confirm that the domain name is "MIA-PC"? And the domain user profile is administrator? Please type the domain and user recommendation by following format: User Name: Domain name\user name
    Password:
    If the mistake is done and the error is persisting, then I would recommend you to put in the Windows 7 machine to the domain and map the drive for a test.