Thread: Error: ipoint.exe no disc found, please insert disc

Error: ipoint.exe no disc found, please insert disc

Hi everyone, I have been using the Windows 7 for the last 4 months before it was not having any kind of the issue but now it shows me the message that ipoint.exe no disc found, please the insert the disc. I get this message on the every shutdown. This is occurring a at the same time as now but I wasn't paying attention. Though, it has been an irritation for me now. What can be the reason behind it? Please help me.

Re: Error: ipoint.exe no disc found, please insert disc

I would like to recommend you that please try to to boot the computer in safe mode and verify if the problem occurs. Also you may try to boot the system in to the clean boot and then check whether which non Microsoft program or application is creating the problem. And also try to run Windows Security Essentials and verify for the Trojans and other malicious virus which is affecting the system.

To troubleshoot such kind of the error messages and issues, start the Windows 7 by means of a minimal set of drivers and also with the help of startup programs. This type of startup is identified as a "clean boot." A clean boot assists you to remove software disagreement. For that (1) you should have to log on to the system by means of an account that has administrator privileges. (2) Then click to the start button from the desktop and then navigate to the search box and in that type msconfig.exe and click the Enter button. (3) Now you will be there at the System Configuration Utility, in that click to the General tab and from that select the Selective Startup option and then hit the mouse to the Load startup items check box to clear it. (4) And then from the service tab choose the Hide all Microsoft services and also Disable All. Also try to boot it in the Safe mode and then check if the problem persists.

The ipoint.exe is related to the Microsoft IntelliPoint Mouse. If you are using a Microsoft Mouse, I would recommend you to eliminate it and then set up it once again. You can move to the device manager and then check if there is any kind of the yellow bang, either for the Mouse or for the any of pointing devices. (1) What you do now is click to the Start, from that option go at the Control Panel. (2) Once you are there now click to the System and Maintenance option. (3) in that go at the Device Manager option. In the Device Manager, you should then navigate the mouse pointer to the Mice or other pointing devices menu. If there is any kind of the yellow Bangs? Then this is the problem. You have a fault with that tool. Try to eliminate it and reinstall it back.