Thread: Getting error code 0x80780034 while taking backup on the USB drive

Getting error code 0x80780034 while taking backup on the USB drive

I have purchased a USB backup drive to keep backup of my system. I usually take the backup on the specific interval of time. Now the thing here is that when my drive image try to take the Windows Backup and restore then the process completes till 99% and then freezes, I really can’t figure out why this is happening and also don’t know how to solve this, have anyone ever have faced this issue if yes then please let me know how to solve the same. And also one thing I would like to mention here is that when the process freezes then I get the error: “Error code 0x80780034”

Re: Getting error code 0x80780034 while taking backup on the USB drive

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the drive you have connected if filled with lots of data. I mean to say that the drive connected must not be having enough memory to load the back up. So what you have to do here is that first check out with the drive whether the drive is filled or not and if it is then you have to remove some data from it and then again connect it with the system and then try to take the backup. I am sure that this time the backup will not stop in between.

Well the error code that you are getting clearly says that there is the definite problem with the drive that you are using. It must be having a bad sector on and that is the reason why you are not able to take back up. So do just one thing try and use any other drive and see whether the same thing is happening or the backup is successful taken. I guess the backup will be taken easily and with no issue. And if this the case then you has to just replace the drive with the new one.

I think the error that you are getting is due to more than one profile under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList with missing ProfileImagePath. And to solve the same you have to change the registry setting. But keep one thing in mind that before doing this you have to create a restore point. And to create this restore point you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
    • Click on the start button and then right click on the Computer and then select properties.
    • After opening the properties in the extreme left side you will find the option called System protection.
    • Just click on it and if it asks for the administrator password then just confirm the same.
    • After that click on the create tab and then create the new restore point.

Thanks a lot for the important solution, but I am still unable to solve the issue. I have also checked whether the drive is full or not and I found that the drive was half filled and still I was unable to take the backup. Also I have tried connecting the alternate one then that one is not even detected. All this issues have frustrated me a lot, please help me to get rid of it.