Thread: Not showing "Windows Virtual PC" folder/shortcut in start menu after installation.

Not showing "Windows Virtual PC" folder/shortcut in start menu after installation.

I have installed windows XP on computer and windows 7 also at a time.If I have to use windows XP‘s software or tools on windows 7 then there is option called “Windows virtual P.C.” available for sharing those files and folders at same time. But now that is nothing is happen. If I have see that files or software in windows7 what should I do? Can u pleas resolve my problem?

Re: Not showing "Windows Virtual PC" folder/shortcut in start menu after installation.

To access the files you have to handle should be installed. You need to install both, because the Menus are created by the install of Virtual PC. Windows XP mode just installs the files necessary to run, which are then used by Virtual PC. Windows XP mode just installs the files necessary to run, at a time of starting of program it get installed which are then used by Virtual PC.

Re: Not showing "Windows Virtual PC" folder/shortcut in start menu after installation.

The XP virtual machine so if you found you had to keep using IE6 for certain purposes and turning down the Windows Update prompts for installing IE7 (or IE8), you no longer have to worry about that either. IE6 will not automatically be added to the Windows 7 Start Menu, but you can get it to do so if you copy a shortcut for it to the All Users Start Menu in the XP virtual machine.The Windows Virtual Pc and Virtual Windows XP programs can be downloaded from Microsoft either in a 32-bit version or a 64-bit version, depending upon what your pc requires. You first install the Virtual Pc program and then install the virtual XP machine. The latter will be configured with a user name of "User", and during the setup you provide the password you want to assign the user.

At a time of using XP Mode from Start Menu under All Programs, Windows Virtual PC, Windows XP Mode. Once the XP Mode is running and you are logged into XP Mode it should look like Windows XP in a window about the same as opening Internet Explorer. You would then run the installation program in the XP Mode VM.I have tried it .I found best solution.i think this will help in solution of this question.