Thread: Increasing Virtual XP’s RAM memory in Windows 7

Increasing Virtual XP’s RAM memory in Windows 7

Hi everyone, I had newly installed the Windows 7 as my new OS on my personal computer. At present my Virtual XP is comprising 512 RAM dispersed from 4GB RAM of Windows 7. How do I enlarge the 512MB RAM to 1GB? Because it’s a bit leggy at sometimes while I run several software’s in Virtual XP. Please help me out.

Re: Increasing Virtual XP’s RAM memory in Windows 7

If your personal computer does not have the Random Access Memory (RAM) wanted to run a program or process, then Windows make use of the virtual memory to recompense. Virtual memory unites your computer system RAM with impermanent space on your hard drive. When RAM runs low down then virtual memory transfers the data from RAM to a space which is called as the paging file. Navigating the data to and from the paging file frees up RAM to complete its job.

The extra RAM your computer have, the more rapidly your programs will normally run. If a lack of RAM is affecting your personal computer, you might be attracted to boost virtual memory to recompense. Though, your computer should be capable of read data from RAM much more quickly than from a hard disk, so adding RAM is a better solution.

This is the probable steps to be followed to modify the size of the Virtual Memory: the important thing is that you should be logged on as an administrator otherwise a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this process. If your personal computer is linked to a network, network policy settings might too stop you from carrying out this process. (1) From the Start menu you must open System in Control Panel. (2) Now click to the Advanced tab, after in the Performance option, click Settings. (3) Again from the Advanced tab, under Virtual memory, tick Change. (4) Now in the Drive [Volume Label], you should then click on to the drive that includes the paging file that you desire to modify. (5) In the Paging file size for preferred drive, snap Custom size, and enter the new paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB) box, and then Set it. Remember that if you reduce the size of either the first or utmost page file settings, then you should have to reboot your system to check the things of that modification. Increases characteristically do not need a restart.

What you can try is to turn off the virtual Memory that is the VM to that call the task manager and inside the virtual machine select the shut down option. After that select and right click on to the Virtual XP and select the properties option. At this stage we can make the desired changes that you required.