Thread: Cannot remove Adobe Acrobat Pro V6 in Windows 7

Cannot remove Adobe Acrobat Pro V6 in Windows 7

I have got a desktop system I have been working with the RC edition of Windows 7 of 64-bit now for a few weeks I am facing an issue and I am trying to uninstall older version of Adobe Acrobat Pro v.6. -- which I had installed few weeks back , I want to uninstall because it is not compatible with my Windows 7 operating system , if anyone has fix to this issue the please let me know about this as I am really annoyed of this problem and want to get rid of that Acrobat reader as soon as possible , I had tried to do it myself but could not do it so for that reason I have posted my query in this forum. I hope you will help to solve this issue.

Re: Cannot remove Adobe Acrobat Pro V6 in Windows 7

You have mentioned that you had installed the Acrobat reader , but since it was not compatible with your current version of operating system that is why you decide it to remove it from your system but you were failed to do so. In that case let me inform you that you should posses proper administrative rights to do so. You can also do it in the virtual mode , but some intel processor do not support Virtualization.

The status of ActiveX controls has provided increase to websites that integrate Adobe products like Adobe Flash and Shockwave players . These ActiveX Controls also incorporates Adobe Acrobat Reader and that too within Internet Explorer as plugins to give the essential functionality. At some occasions , you will need to uninstall these plugins to fix definite issues . Two of the most general cause to removeAdobe plugins are given below:
    • You obtain recurrent errors while operating with applications using these plugins. In this scenario , either the plugin installed on your computer is damaged or is out of date
    • You are not able to upgrade to the new edition without removing the at present installed version.

If you are not able to update your computer to new editions of Adobe products, then it is suggested that you remove the present versions before installing the newest updates. You can uninstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave players, for that you will have to first download and then run the uninstall tools obtainable on the Adobe website. You can remove Acrobat tool either by utilizing the Control Panel or by manually remove it from the registry.