Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

iPod won’t recognized after running scan and fix

Operating Systems

Old 23-12-2010

iPod won’t recognized after running scan and fix

As I plugged in my iPod it gave me an error message saying that there were some bad sectors on the iPod so I decided to do the scan and fix and also did it. After doing scan and fix when again I tried to have an access on the iPod then it gave me an error message saying that “iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod” I don’t know why I am getting this error and also unable to solve the same. Please help me to solve this problem and also let me know how I can fix this issue without deleting all the files on my iPod

Old 23-12-2010

Re: iPod won’t recognized after running scan and fix

Well you have try and see if the folders are intact by just using the explorer. I mean to say that you have to explore the device using My computer. I am sure that it will show you the folders intact with it. And now you can copy them and just keep it safe on your system. I hope that doing this will allow you to hard reset the ipod and that will then all you to access the ipod though iTunes.
Old 23-12-2010

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you are totally on the wrong track, I mean to say that you have to just connect the iPod without doing the scan and fix. The thing here is that when we connect the iPod it unnecessarily asks us to do the scan recommended and it’s on us to do it or not. So I will suggest you to continue it without scanning and see how it goes. I hope that it will give the access over the iPod.
Old 23-12-2010

I thing that the iTunes that you are using to connect the iPod have been corrupted and that is the reason why you are getting this error and if you really want to solve the same then just uninstall the iTunes and then use the latest and the updated. Try and install the iTunes from a trusted source which will give you the appropriate version. I am sure that installing the updated iTunes on your system will definitely help you to solve the issue.
Old 23-12-2010

I am also facing the similar kind of issues on my dell laptop. Actually the thing here is that whenever I am connecting the iPod to my laptop then the iTunes simply freezes I don’t know why it is behaving in this manner and really don’t know how to solve the same. Does anyone ever have faced this problem and if yes then please let me know hot fix this issue.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,