Thread: Windows 7 Home premium: Unable to run FoxPro 2.6

Windows 7 Home premium: Unable to run FoxPro 2.6

Hello friends, in windows 7 I am facing the problem that, I am unable to run FoxPro 2.6 in windows 7 home premium. Is it possible for me to run the Fox Pro 2.6 in the Windows 7? I am not able to create the accounts in that. Has somebody found a way to run Fox Pro 2.6 for Windows on Windows 7? Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: Windows 7 Home premium: Unable to run FoxPro 2.6

What you can perform is to install the application in compatibility mode and make sure if that helps you out, as this is a extremely old application and may not get installed. The majority of the programs that are written for Windows Vista can also work in this edition of Windows, except several older programs may run inadequately or not at all. If a program is in the format of the previous version of Windows doesn't run properly, what you can try is to modify the compatibility settings for the program, either by yourself or by means of the Program Compatibility troubleshooter.

I think that you will not be able to use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7 Home Premium version. You will require Windows 7 different versions such as the Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate to make use of the XP Mode. If you running the Windows 7 Home Premium then try to work with the Virtual Box or any additional 3rd party virtualizations application and set up a different copy of Windows XP, any of them Home Edition or Professional for that reason. Hope this helps.

For that you should need to carry out the compatibility test of the FoxPro 2.6 with windows 7 on your system. Also if it is not well-suited with it then you want to install FoxPro 2.6 in compatibility mode and then you should have to ensure for the problem to do that you want to follow the steps given below. Place the installer.exe or setup.exe file in your system and right-click on the file. Now from the contextual menu, you should have to select Properties, after that click to the Compatibility. Select the edition of Windows that you desire to follow and pick the “Run this program in compatibility mode” option checkbox, after that run the installer. This will help you to run it.

There is a chance that the software that you are running to install may not be appropriate. They may have several kind of bugs added to them due to which it is incapable to take action during installation. This a difficulty which does take place while setting up an application which might misplace several data link layer files or some installer files due to which it do not take action to the output you require.

Two probable solutions for this kind of issue:
    1) I haven't tried it so far; however my presumption is so as to if you installed a truthfully independent Virtual Machine of 32 bit XP on the Windows 7 computer, it might probably run the Fox 2.6 applications. But to do to facilitate it you'd require allowing the virtualization software (whichever Microsoft's Virtual PC or else VM Ware) and you'd necessitate to purchase an XP license. So you'd be looking at a pair of hundred bucks to apply that solution.
    2) The extra explanation I may suggest you to use the Fox in place of the Fox 2.6 app or newer. I am currently been working with the Fox 7 application that run very well equally in the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows 7 OS. So make use of the latest version for that.