Thread: windows 7: Desktop gets black and error showing Thinkpoint-Index out of bounds

windows 7: Desktop gets black and error showing Thinkpoint-Index out of bounds

Hello friends, I had the newly purchased the Lenovo latest laptop which is upgraded with the Windows 7. The trouble I am facing here is that when I log in, once I’m signed in my desktop is all black and I get an error message showing that Thinkpoint - list index out of bounds (0). After this I am unable to understand what to do. Please help me, what can I do to fix this problem.

Re: windows 7: Desktop gets black and error showing Thinkpoint-Index out of bounds

If think that Windows 7 is definitely infected with ThinkPoint and it is now forcing you to start normally, what you do is to perform the Safe Mode with Networking. For that follow these steps: 1) initially you should have to close the several other running programs and applications and then open Windows as a result you are back at the desktop, then go at the Start button.
    (2) From the start menu select the search box and in that type the keyword msconfig and then push the Enter button.
    (3) Now you will get the System Configuration utility windows and you will get the screen, in that click onto the Boot tab.
    (4) After clicking it then you will now be at the Boot screen. Click the mouse button on to the checkbox of the option Safe boot.
    (5) Push the Apply button and then push the OK button. It will then ask you to restart the system to apply the changes to the settings. Now your system will now restart straightforwardly into Safe Mode. and now you can carry out several essential tasks.
    (6) After completing the task, from the safe mode start msconfig.
    (7). after the program is open, and you are placed onto the General tab, from that choose the alternative labeled Normal Startup and then click to the Apply button to change the settings and then OK.
    (8) It will show you the message to restart the system and then after restart you will back to the normal mode.

Re: windows 7: Desktop gets black and error showing Thinkpoint-Index out of bounds

Perform the ThinkPoint removal instructions. ThinkPoint removal instructions:

1. Reboot the system. After that you are on the ThinkPoint window then press Ctrl+Alt+Delete or can also press the Ctrl+Shift+Escape. After that you are on to the task manager in that click on the Processes tab. in that you may select and click to the hotfix.exe and then press the End Task button to end it. It will then ask you to terminate the process, you then click to the yes button. This will shut the ThinkPoint program.
    2. At the same time in Windows Task Manager, then you have the click the File from that go at the "New Task (Run...)" from the menu. Enter the keyword explorer.exe and hit OK button. Your desktop and pictures ought to start up as normal. A new window will now pop up which will ask you the message that “Are you sure?"then you may Type Y and hit enter.
    3. Download the file windows-shell.reg. to run it double-click it to affix the detail to the registry. This file will repair the Windows Shell entry. This step is vital for the reason that if you won’t repair this entry, then your Windows Desktop will not be showed the next times you restart. One time the new registry value has been added, then we can remove the file from your system.
    4. Now you go at the Internet Explorer or several additional web browsers and get the free anti-malware software applications that you want. Run a complete system search and remove ThinkPoint from your system totally.

You should have to make use of the safe mode and also the entire of the loads of the generic files that are supposed to be necessary for the drivers that are there in the machine. And also you can make utilize of the nasty code that can be used for the running of the code in the system. And also although you are accessing the internet you must be able to obtain the view of the files that you are just going to make use of it for the accessing of the files.

ThinkPoint is false anti-virus programs that act as if to scan your system for nasty software and then intentionally informs fake system security intimidation. It's dispersed frequently during the use of false online scanners and several additional malicious websites, so obviously this program is not legit. ThinkPoint masquerades as a rightful safety product from Microsoft which is called Microsoft Security Essentials. After you set up the think point on your system, it will list many troubles and maintain that you must repair them without delay.