Thread: Installing Google earth gave error 0x80040905 and installation failed

Installing Google earth gave error 0x80040905 and installation failed

I have recently purchased a brand new Sony vaio laptop and installed windows 7 operating system on it with the Intel core i3 processor. Now the thing here is that I have also tried to install the Google earth on it but the installation failed giving me the error. I really don’t know why I am not able to install it on the system. The error message which I am getting says that “error code- 0x80040905”. And immediately after that error the installation fails. Please suggest me what I can do in this case to solve it.

Re: Installing Google earth gave error 0x80040905 and installation failed

Well if this is the case then you have to just try and install the Google earth in the safe mode I guess in the safe mode the installation will be successful. Actually the same problem is faced by me several installations and when I did the installation in safe mode then it really worked. So what you have to do is start the system in the safe mode and then start the installation process. I hope that this will help you to solve the issue.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the windows 7 version that you have in not compatible with the installation that you are trying to do. Now first check whether you are using the ultimate version of windows 7 and if not then you have to use the same. I mean to say that uninstall the current one and then just try and install the Ultimate one I am sure that here you will not get any problem like that.

It seems to me that the problem that you are facing is quite similar to me and I guess you are also going through the same phase. Actually I was also not able to install some of the programs on windows 7 but I got a solution for the same and I guess it will work for you also. What you have to do here s that click on the setup file and then select the option called as “Run as administrator” and then try the installation. I guess you will be successful installing the Google earth on your system. Because sometimes the application requires to installed or start by the administrator only.