Thread: Yahoo messenger Hangs the Windows 7 Ultimate

Yahoo messenger Hangs the Windows 7 Ultimate

Hello friends, I had newly purchased my latest Laptop of Dell, which is upgraded with the latest Windows Ultimate of 64 bit. All of the applications work absolutely fine but the problem I get is that the system get freezes while working with the Yahoo messenger even the Task Manager not help me out from the problem. I then tried to turn it from the power button or by removing the batteries. I also tried the different versions of the Yahoo messenger but also it never helped me out. I tried every thing that i know. Please help me.

Re: Yahoo messenger Hangs the Windows 7 Ultimate

My suggestion to you is to run the Yahoo Messenger in the compatibility mode from the Windows Vista or the Windows XP. Here is the detail regarding the compatibility of Yahoo Messenger with the Windows 7. Follow these steps to run messenger into the Microsoft Windows Compatibility mode. (1). initially you have to Right click onto the program picture you are having problem with and after that click on properties. (2) Now you click onto the tab of the compatibility. (3). in the "Compatibility mode", choose the check box which interpret as "Run the program in compatibility mode for" and in the drop down list of options choose Windows Vista or XP to run the program in older edition of operating system. And then lastly click on Apply and then OK.

To resolve this problem, try to organize the registry to turn off the discovery messages:
    1. At the starting, Start the Registry Editor that is the Regedt32.exe.
    2. Secondly place and click the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DirectPlayNATHelp\DPNHUPnP
    3. On the Edit menu, then you select and then click on to the Add Value, and then add the following registry value:
    Value name: UPnP Mode. Note: not to give space in between in the UPnP and Mode
    Data kind: REG_DWORD
    Value information: 2
    4. Exit Registry Editor.
    The important thing is that If you place UPnPMode to 2, Universal Plug and Play Network Address Translation (NAT) traversal discovery does not occur.

I tried the whole thing at this time but nothing worked, I originate two answers that worked on the Windows 7: 1). The first solution get here is that clean your contact list and after that navigate to this position:
    c:\documents and settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    After it eliminate the entire files contain within it. This worked.
    2). the second solution is also very easy: a) in this first you open the Internet Explorer. b) in internet explorer move to the tools and from that select the Internet options. c) From the internet options go to the Connections tab. d) then you hit the mouse button on LAN settings button and then uncheck Automatically detect settings.

I think that the computer might get hangs because of the underlying serious issues with the operating system. And for this the two major reason for such kind of the happening are the Virus/Malware and the System registry errors. What yo can do is, you need to download the good cleaning software application such as the reginOut for cleaning your system. Assume that you have the antivirus installed on the system. In addition view into the option of downloading MalwareBytes. Execute scanning of the entire software’s and you would be finished with the problem of freezing.