Thread: Unable to connect Xbox 360 with windows 7

Unable to connect Xbox 360 with windows 7

I cannot connect properly to my PC (Win7 RC) and my Xbox360. The first time I connected my Xbox to my PC by Ethernet, I was under Win XP. I passed by creating a network bridge between the Ethernet card connected to the Xbox and my wifi connection on the PC it worked perfectly! The Xbox connects to the internet and I could watch my videos from the PC on my TV screen through the Xbox. When I went under Vista, simply by connecting the Xbox to the PC via Ethernet, Windows detects directly the Xbox as an "extender", and everything was rolling the first shots. I just installed RC Win7, and nothing happens between the Xbox and PC. On Vista, the network map gives me the icon of the Xbox connected to the PC. Could you help me?

Re: Unable to connect Xbox 360 with windows 7

Have you told your Xbox as Media Center Extender? It takes a few clicks once launched Media Center I cannot really help because I have more but that is how I test the functionality of Media Center in Vista era the beta. I just checked on my desktop and windows 7 in the media center you just go to: Tasks> Add Exetender and follow the instructions! And please remember that if after trying this you get solution for your query so just update over here. And also if you get any solution which is better than this post it over here so that others also can take the advantage of this.

Unfortunately yes, I already tried several times "to add an extender" from Media Center. Actually till now I have not get any success in this so that is why related to this I am not confident but even though I will try on this. And I have also seen that many of the user are in search of the same query. So I hope this problem has to quickly fixed you guys. In this when I'm trying the procedure, my Xbox seems to react for a few seconds (it reboots briefly), and then nothing more. The auto-configuration to add an Extender stops and gives me a failure message from the analysis. I do not want to tear my hair on a procedure that does not work (bug Win 7?).

Same, adding an Xbox as an Extender stops in search of the extender unit ("your extender unit cannot communicate with this computer")
    Configuration:
    • XBOX Ethernet / PLC on a Freebox v5
    • Windows 7 Home Premium Windows PC via WiFi on the same Freebox, DHCP and UPnP enabled (but no DMZ)
    • The network map shows that everything is connected to the same switch.

In my case, my Xbox 360 is well recognized as a unit by Media Center Extender and I'm with Windows 7. Unfortunately the combination works very badly. Often, the PC hangs and must squarely off and on again! At first I thought it was related to my network. My Xbox is connected directly to the router by cable while the PC is WiFi. I have tried another solution (PS3 Media Server - do not rely on the name) and it works perfectly. Actually when I was searching the solution for this issue then I have seen that many of the user are facing this issue and in them at least 70% user have tried this and they got the fix for their issue also and I have tried that and yes I also get the fix for my issue.