Thread: My system gets slow after installing Microsoft Security Essentials

My system gets slow after installing Microsoft Security Essentials

I've MSE times on my netbook (ASUS and ASUS 1000H 4G) installed. At first I thought the PCs are now running slightly faster than with Kasper FSecure installed. But now I have gained a different impression. As soon as I will call with the Explorer folder in the number of downloads are included (files), the system is totally in the knee. It takes forever to be visible to the individual program icons. The call of several smaller programs leads to longer waiting times. Where is not clear what it is really here. Now I have uninstalled the MSE, and now my PC goes smoothly again. As it looks now seems linked with the MSE in context. Does anyone have any explanation for this slowness?

Re: My system gets slow after installing Microsoft Security Essentials

Create a text file and copy "% Program Files% \ Microsoft Security Essentials \ MpCmdRun.exe signatureupdate-in there. The text file you call in to Update.bat and copy it in the auto start. (Start - Programs - Startup) This MSE caused each time a signature update. The method has recently posted on the Microsoft website so you just check that. Definitions with the Task Scheduler Automatically Create a new task via Task Scheduler (Start - Run - taskschd.msc). Configure the schedule as needed and as an action type "C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Security Essentials \ MpCmdRun.exe" update a program. Only this much you have to do.

I would tap on the real-time protection as it examines all use the system files, but so far I do not see this as a problem. Like this happen only if the same processes of another virus program along with enabled real-time protection of this problem are not with it. Although it is not recommend worthy, you could exclude some processes from the real-time to increase the performance of your system.

If real-time protection system is not much joy with the new security solution from MS. Compared with the real-time protection of other manufacturers, it is quite lame. As I had always about Norton and this wasting system and now the reviled. I mean that faster netbook has at least 2GB of RAM, but since the snails crawl so fast. Let's hope the next update and there's more speed out of MS brings. Fingers crossed.

Well, since yesterday I switched from Kasper 2009 to 2010. The list of folders with 411 files in there now, strangely enough, takes even longer than before, but only half as long as MSE. And yet Kasper is much more complex. As you may have said the drilling bit on. Currently, it slows down way too much and is therefore more a hindrance than a help, in contrast to competitors.

Well, each has other problems with me still no automatic update has taken place; I have to always manually pushing. Whenever I do a quick scan, which would lead, according to update settings, even when doing so far nothing. On the computer of Vista 32bit the automatic updates work, however, but with a delay means that the computer is already up for hours at some point is being updated. A fixed time schedule is there but not visible. I first had to get used to it that my security software is not when booting the computer automatically checks for updates. I will test further and then see if I stay with MSE.

Some time like this it is happening because of the CMD window, which unfortunately also with other self-generated tasks is of course visible. The new version MSE I've got me and also corrected an entry in the Registry as an interval. Now not even a day (24h), but every 6 hours will be held this. Let's see if now is the update automatically. This is of course the much better solution.