Thread: Getting webroot window washer to run on windows 7 64bit

Getting webroot window washer to run on windows 7 64bit

I have make use of the window washer on every my computers, windows 98, 2000.xp and vista, with no any kind of difficulty. But for a number of reasons I am not able to obtain it to run on windows 7 64 bit. I have make contact with webroot and they were not actually much help in helping me solve the problem. I have used this program for fairly a long time and I do not actually desire to discover another program if I am able to help it. I just want to thank you in advance.

Re: Getting webroot window washer to run on windows 7 64bit

I would put forward you to open the program in compatibility mode intended for Windows XP. To execute the Program Compatibility troubleshooterFirst thing you have to open the Program Compatibility troubleshooter by ticking the Start button, and after that ticking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and after that tick Troubleshooting. Under Programs, tick Run programs made for earlier versions of Windows. Go behind the instructions in the troubleshooter.If you are not able to install a program, put in the installation disc for the program and, by utilizing the troubleshooter, browse to the program's setup file, typically called Setup.exe, Install.exe, or somewhat alike. The troubleshooter is not intended to work on programs that have an .msi file name extension. The information concerning this program compatibility for Windows 7 is coming soon as we are working along with the software publisher to make sure this product’s compatibility.http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...sher&os=64-bit
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/com...her&os=64-bit&
    Make older programs run in this version of Windows Expect this information is cooperative. Please let us acquaint with if you need additional help.

One last thing you were also attempt, but if it is not well-matched along with 64-bit versions it might be a pitiful expect, is to install the program into the major user of the program possess user folder rather than the default program files location. I would be a bit wary by utilizing such a program that was not actually appropriate for an operating system; it might spotless more than you desire cleaned? Which edition of Windows 7 are you recently making use of? Is it one that supports Windows XP Mode?Windows Virtual PCDownload Windows XP Mode here "You are not qualified to download Windows XP Mode. You should have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode".

I have got this solution from the webroot side I just want to share this with you guys and I hope this will also help you in some extent. Yes, Webroot security software versions 5.8 and on top of are well-matched with the 64-bit version of Vista and Windows 7. The present version of Window Washer (6.5.5.155) is not 64-bit well-matched; on the other hand, the after that version (6.6) will comprise 64-bit support. Version 6.6 will be obtainable in the Fall of 2010.We do not hold up the 64-bit version of XP on any of our products and make an apology for any inconvenience this may reason. So this answer I got from that side.

Hi, thank you for captivating the time to attempt and help me out along with this matter. I have attepmpted what you have recommended and no joy on the matter .I supposition on this that I will just have to wait till Microsoft and Webroot obtain their heads jointly on the matter. It is that I have utilized this program a long time and I am very happy with it. once more thank you for your help.