Thread: How to decrypt PGP files ?

How to decrypt PGP files ?

Hello everyone, I am learning PGP and I am having some questions. I made this choice because it is more "secure" than later. It 's true? Anyway, the question is let's say I want to just use the conventional encryption to create an encrypted file single key (command: pgp-c textfile) that I will only need to crack, if stored in the encrypted file somewhere and formatted for reinstall winxp instead of 'MSDOS how should I do to decipher the cifrato.pgp file when I have some time between 'need?

1: I just keep (or rather, remember ...) the length keys (2048), the 'user ID and pass phrase;
    2: I must, in addition to the above, save the file and secring.pgp and pubring.pgp and then I delete everything to reinstall at a later time;
    3: you cannot 'do, in this case I would also explain why'?
    Thanks!

You need to remember the password (obviously) and store the files you have mentioned (or export the key in an external file, but so worth preserving those two files). Today I tried to encrypt a file and then I removed and reinstalled with pgp another userid and other pass-phrase, I managed to decipher only using the with the same pw I had some encrypted text file. So I think it serves keep any file even if it seems a bit ' strange. Right-click the encrypted file and select "PGP" and "Decrypt & Verify" and then simply double-click on the file if the extension is standard. "Pgp". A window opens with a list of all possible recipients. Each of them can decrypt the file by typing the passphrase in the bottom half of the window. By default, PGP tries to save as the filename extension of encrypted cut. "Pgp" which is the original filename. If it already exists in the directory, opens the PGP standard Save As dialog with a new name. You can continue and overwrite the original file if you want, as usual.

Re: How to decrypt PGP files ?

Ok, nothing new since the news is already fairly widespread . I would only confirm that this technique works very well because a lot of applications that (kind jqGrid ) "protect" their source yet. I am inspired by this article except to write my own that I will also pass the explanations, I would be content just to show you how to decrypt a file SourceCop quickly.

Procedure

Well then very quickly, if your scripts are protected with SourceCop, you should have a folder scopbin media files in PHP. Inside 911006.php file that contains the decryption algorithm. This file has himself been compressed / encrypted to prevent the developer starting to change too easily. Use a tool "tidy-like indent for the proper and PHP, this tool is PHP_Beautifier.

You need some version of PGP, both versions of the free or commercial use. As far as I know there is no API. PGP implementation of online search and select one of the most convenient. As long as you have your key ring and your private key and public key used for information encyption you be fine.