Thread: If I reinstall Windows 7 will I lose my data?

If I reinstall Windows 7 will I lose my data?

I altered my secret code on the way to acquire into my account as well as I bear in mind it, however I cannot memorize the capitals as well as punctuation furthermore spaces as well as each and every one that other nonsense.On the way to acquire onto my computer once more, I have read on the internet that the just alternative is to reinstall Windows 7 on my PC.I have many diagrams that I am relatively proud of furthermore take many long, tear-filled hours on the way to comprehensive on my computer as well as I would actually be happy to listen to if there is a means on the way to reinstall windows without losing all of my information.Thanks for your suggestion in advance.

Re: If I reinstall Windows 7 will I lose my data?

Except you have each and every one your diagram on "C" drive you should not be anxious. Still if something go incorrect at the same time as reloading the Windows 7 you do not lose anything saved on further partitions similar to D, E, F etc. As a result go ahead as well as follow the instructions offered.

As per my knowledge it depends on two things. First of all is your information is on a separate partition furthermore secondly do you encompass a appropriate Windows DVD or else do you encompass a RECOVERY DVD or else a unknown restore partition? One more alternative is to remove the drive as well as attach it to a new PC as a result you be able to at least move your data files off the hard drive.

Can you at a standstill boot into windows? If thus after that perform so as well as copy your information on somewhat similar to an external hard drive or else on a flash drive. If you are unable to boot into Windows, after that the just means on the way to recover your data (if you desire to that is!) is to download as well as burn to Live Linux CD. On one occasion you have burn on the way to a CD after that you are able to boot as of from that CD, as well as save your information onto a number of sort of exterior media.After that once you have save your information, then you be able to go further on as well as make use of the Dell recovery DVD.

Fine I believe that there is one more means on the way to obtain past that password however I don’t remember. However yes you be able to reinstall windows vista, as well as windows 7 without losing your documents for the reason that it creates a Windows.Old folder on the way to backup your old stuff. Windows xp does not. As a result hope that assist.