Thread: Windows 7 Installer will not identify Solid state drive (SSD)

Windows 7 Installer will not identify Solid state drive (SSD)

I presently purchase a 120 GB Patriot Inferno solid-state drive (SSD) on the way to replace my one hard disk in an dell inspiron 1525 laptop, however the Windows 7 home premium Installer does not observe it. The initial thing I attempted was on the way to make use of the recovery DVDs so as to restore the OS, however yet despite the fact that they formed an unknown service partition on the drive, the recovery application would collapse at what time trying on the way to restore from it. Probably for the reason that the rest of the drive was unformatted? I do not be familiar with. I am attempting a fresh install, however at the same time as I declared that the Windows 7 installer presently will not identify the drive. I have attempted placing the drive keen on an external frame as well as my desktop computer accepted it immediately as well as permitted me on the way to perform a quick NTFS format, however the Installer at a standstill will not observe it. BIOS spot it just well, furthermore on the way to create things more ridiculous, the Windows 7 setup as well observe both partitions on the drive, other than just all the way through the Load Drivers explorer as of from the Repair installation selection, it presently will not observe it all the way through the new installation path itself.Can anyone suggest me how can I get to installing Windows on this thing?

Re: Windows 7 Installer will not identify Solid state drive (SSD)

You may possibly attempt the following
    1.Start up Windows 7 CD.
    2. At what time the welcome screen arrive up on Windows Setup, push Shift + F10, which will show a command prompt.
    3. Now Type "diskpart” as well as press enter.
    4. Type "list disk" as well as press enter.
    5. With any luck you be able to observe your solid-state drive (SSD) within the list. You be supposed to observe a digit recognizing it. At the moment type "select disk X" (where X is the digit recognizing your solid-state drive (SSD)) as well as press enter.
    6. Type "clean" as well as press enter.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.The BIOS auto detects as well as appropriately recognize the X-25M. Windows Installer does not display the drive within the window list drives for potential Windows installation. The drive has by no means been formatted. Would this stop Windows as of from selecting it up. It does select up my further drives, which have as well by no means been formatted.

1) The reality that the drive has by no means been formatted is not a problem.
    2) Be supposed to have been apparent, it’s not the color of the cable however the color of the SATA connectors on the border of the motherboard. If you see down as of from the peak you will observe both Blue as well as White connectors where you plug up the SATA cable keen on. Your cable from the hard drive be supposed to be plug up into one of the standard SATA connector, frequently recognized at the same time as SATA-0 or else SATA-1 in the user manual.

It is at last resolved, subsequent to two frustrating days. Seem that it was the master boot record (MBR), making a new partition table for the drive sorts it all out. It is likely that somewhat go incorrect at what time I make use of the recovery DVDs on the way to generate a service partition on a earlier unformatted drive. Thank you for your valuable suggestion, although, pleased it did not churn out to be a chipset problem. At any charge, it's functioning well at the moment.