Thread: Cannot see paper size option for legal size paper

Cannot see paper size option for legal size paper

I am having the new HP along with Windows 7. I was trying to scan in a legal size document with the help of my printer/scan/fax machine but my problem is that the windows 7 is not able to show the option for the paper size. I can do the same thing on my previous Windows XP computer. Is the Microsoft forgotten to implement the legal size parameters for this application? Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Cannot see paper size option for legal size paper

You have not mentioned anything about your printer/scanner/fax machine so that we can provide you the specific manufactures website. Anyway, you can visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver for your printer for Windows 7. If you use the driver that is not compatible with the operating system then you may not face any problem while installing that but will miss some of the features from it. If you don’t find the updated driver then you can try the compatibility mode for Windows XP and check if the printer will works correctly

I would like to recommend you to follow the steps below and this may solve the problem for you.
    1. Click on start button and select Devices and Printers from the start menu. This will open the Devices and Printers menu.
    2. Right click on the printer which you are using and select Printing preferences.
    3. Choose your selection and click OK.

Windows Photo Viewer presents a catalog of templates which corresponds to the majority ordinary print sizes that includes 4 x 6, 8 x 10 as well as wallet-sized photos. Though, many of the digital pictures do not fit completely in a standard-sized print thus you may end up through blank space about the edges. To keep away from this, you should yield your picture to a typical size and after that print the cropped image with the help of Windows Photo Viewer.

You must have got the software CD with the printer that you are using. This CD contains the software that is to be used to print the pages. Your software that you are using to print may be corrupted and that is why you are facing problems like this. Install that CD to your computer and remove the existing software from your computer. I wish that reinstalling the software will solve the problem for you.