Thread: FLAC does not install in Windows 7

FLAC does not install in Windows 7

I have a desktop system with me in which I had installed windows vista operating system , then later on I upgraded the Operating system and replaced Vista with Windows 7 I was trying to install the Codec FLAC but it failed after I got some error message , the module was also loaded but it failed in between as the failure occurred when DllRagisterServer was invoked and the installation halted with error code 0x8002801c. If any one has ever faced any sort of issue then please share your ideas with me . I am waiting for your response .

Re: FLAC does not install in Windows 7

Well I think I have diagnosed The module MSCOMCT2.OCX went unsuccessful to load. Ensure that binary data is saved at the mentioned path or debug it check for errors with the binary or dll files that are not independent . The module could not be located , what you can do is you can run your in installer in the administrator mode and see whether your issue is resolved or not. Please post back your updated reports.

I would advise you to run System File Checker scan (SFC scan) as a number of the system files are not there and then to install the application or the FLAC.

To run this scan, please follow the below instructions :.
    You will have to Click on the Start button and then in the , type the cmd command , after that you will have to right click on cmd in the option and then select “Run as administrator”.
    there you will be asked about the credentials , there you will have to enter the Admin name and password
    There in the command prompt you will have to type simple command and hit the enter button , the command you will have to enter is sfc /scannow

For the people who were not able to get FLAC Frontend to work for them at all , there is forever Traders Little Helper, a tool that checks FLAC and that to without any charge , APE, and many other layout, and that also include WAV file . It also interprets and produce checksums, makes snapshots of the test results, and supports a lot of such features . There is no such thing in the name of FLAC.exe while the user is working with that layout , but there us a separate tool called as TLH can help that will help you in performing intermediary conversions.