Thread: Mac shows JavaScript error while opening files on SkyDrive

Mac shows JavaScript error while opening files on SkyDrive

Right now I am having a problem with opening files which are stored on my SkyDrive. I began exploiting SkyDrive so that significant job documents might approach residence without difficulty. The difficulty is, when choosing Open in Word/Excel/PowerPoint, it leaves throughout the actions of opening the right application, validating the Live ID, and also downloading the file. Everything that unlocks in the application is a fault concerning JavaScript requiring to be allowed and not banned. I attempted reinstalling Safari plus removing and re-installing Office tool. The crisis does not live on 14.0.0, but it recurred in 14.0.2. This occurs on together if I install on iMac and a MacBook, both are operating beneath Snow Leopard 10.6.5 and Safari 5.0.3.

Re: Mac shows JavaScript error while opening files on SkyDrive

It is really seems to me that the cause of the sign in problem. I was lastly clever to resolve this by receiving the error in Excel...
    • Once you get the error Move to File>Open from Office Live> Sign Out
    • Also Sign out in Internet Explorer
    • Close the MS Excel now.
    • Again Go back to Excel and choose File> Open from Office Live> Sign In.
    • Leave it alone and open and open the IE. There Sign In to SkyDrive again.
    • Now Open in Excel from SkyDrive and the file unlocked in Excel correctly lastly.

I think it must be cause of something related to the Web browser. I think you need to reset all the settings in safari. I hope that you know how to do it. Just change all the settings to default and then try to use skydrive first sign in to skydrive in office tool then sign in to Safari. Open both the windows while using skydrive. So not close the browser once you get the access. What kinds of files you are trying to open? Do they support on Mac platform? Was those files has been corrupted?

It seems to me that the skydrive can be allowed in Windows only. Otherwise assume that there might be slight mismatch in your Mac softwares including safari and snowleopard. The new versions of those are not yet properly recognizing the skydrive. So I think it will be better to switch back to the older version. Another possible solution is that make use of other web browser like Firefox. If you able to use IE in snow leopard then install it and verify the result.