Thread: Windows 7 is off suddenly

Windows 7 is off suddenly

I have the Windows 7, my computer is a Compaq Presario SG2010LA, Celeron D 3.46 GHzt, 512 Mb RAM, integrated video card, 20 GB hard drive. The problem occurs when passing on a few hours, it stops responding, turn off the monitor, and the power button press and it only turns off the power supply.I searched all over the net but cannot find a solution to this problem, my question is: My hardware does not support Windows 7 and shuts down to prevent damage? Is the problem lies in windows? Do the drivers do not work in this windows? And in order to fix this is worth mentioning that change the graphics card driver, since the new OpenGL does not support which I use for 3D designs. Just return it to the version of Vista; from then on out I have not moved anything. Please urge, as it will not work like that and keep a mail server on the computer.

Re: Windows 7 is off suddenly

In this situation which happens to you something similar happened to me I want to leave the result of my search. First of all I have to clarify what NEXT, I have a hp dv4, which came with Vista Home as OS (operating system) included, and each time was connecting the battery soon subsided (obviously charged battery, the temperature cooler running and tested). The solution which was as follows is entering the msconfig.exe and uncheck the option "Normal Startup" and check "Selective Startup", then into the call option that gives us uncheck "Load System Service" we click on "Apply" then OK restart. It is worth clarifying that although in my case it solved the problem, I welcome the appearance of windows and the sound then I had to reconfigure. I hope my experience helps someone in similar problems.

I have a machine better equipped and the same thing happens to me ... strange thing is that as stated in the companion itself off the monitor and the processor die (as I see the light bulb that indicates whether the processor is working), but the light bulb socket and power remain intact (so on). And in this the monitor is turned off. Another thing I can say is that before I had the w7 it completely turned off the computer, the day yesterday, and also in this I have noticed that it was very hot but the fan if it worked do not know if this has to do.
    My machine is:
    Motherboard: Toshiba Satellite A215
    1GB RAM
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
    video card: ATI Radeon X1200 Series (128 MB)
    Hopefully someone can help

Hi, I have a Toshiba A205-S5812 with 2 GB of RAM and 1.6 Pentium dual core, I feel the same, to be working perfectly off without notice, at first I thought it was the battery, but no, even if it is connected to the power, thought to be "asleep" but not off completely and I have to turn it off as if it had voluntarily, I understand that support will not take responsibility for the lost of information, but cannot find on any side if a software or hardware problem, not feel to warm more than normal, even less heat than XP, someone give me a solution regarding this but it is very annoying to work so if someone can bring something please. Thank you very much.

Turning off can only be for two reasons so you just check for this:
    1) Problem of CPU temperature. You should use a program that monitor and never exceed 65%
    2) Or you enter the energy saving features to this x minutes without doing anything. Disable or regulates the energy savings. I guess if a laptop is not on updated from an older system or there will be no driver installed the laptop and that they are not ready for windows 7 and please complain to the manufacturer.