Thread: Problems in cloning the Windows 7 OA

Unable to clone the Windows 7 OA

I am going crazy to clone computers with Windows 7. I bought 30 Dell computers which are preinstalled with OA and Windows 7 pro was trying to clone them as I did before. The problem is that I cannot remember how I did this and where it was all installed USB get disappeared. I followed the steps in WinPE, I captured the image with ImageX after sysprep to make the reference machine with Windows 7 personalized with my applications. After that I have followed the steps of generating either an ISO WinPE ISO folder (which has both the Install.wim as boot.wim), having also copied the contents of the installation of a Windows 7 to the sources folder. Well, I get booted with the USB, but I get the command window where it only appears and I returned to a prompt without doing anything else. I remember before I jumped and the Windows installation wizard, but now I fail to do it again and that I am heading of the wall. I thank you in advance for any help.

Re: Problems in cloning the Windows 7 OA

Regarding this I have one solution if you want then you can go for this. You can delete or leave, there will be no problem. Exactly the image that captures install.wim call and replace it with the original installation files of Windows 7. And regarding this there is a blogs are there so you can check this on to the net. You just search for this I hope you will get this very soon.You just have to refer it to the installation of Service Pack and the rest of the process is the same. After creating the image. ISO is the process that you indicated above to create a bootable Pendrive and able to install from there. Only this much you have to.

I understand that you did reseal your master image with applications, start with a Windows PE and then capture the image. WIM, there had to keep a repository of network or within the same local computer. And after this, to install the image you copy and replace install.wim is in \ Sources of installation source files Windows 7, it is recommended that the same call install.wim. Now I would like you to tell me how you want to do the implementation? Because Windows PE always going to start with that console, and if you want is to apply the image to disk you should call with ImageX / Apply but partition with Diskpart before. If you want an image to run with the normal installation of Windows 7 but then is the installation of the custom image, you must to create the image. ISO after Install.wim copied to the \ Sources. And I can look more into detail but I thank you to tell how you like to do the deployment.

I got the instructions of WinPE and in this, I am sure that you have did any kind of mistakes in this. And also I remember that last time I used the Windows 7 USB download tool, but now to try again tells me that the ISO is bad. The iso I think of it this way: oscdimg-n-m-bC: \ winpe \ etfsboot.com C: \ WinPE \ ISO F: \ ISO \ WinPE.iso. So if I am right then tell me. And if not then give me proper suggestion for this.

Actually in beginning is to reseal after installing the applications. I started with the Windows PE and captured the wim. and Network will not let me,and in this the team is unable to start or operate a network so the net use is not proper. Then a copy of an image sources of Windows7 that I have mounted with daemon tools. Well, actually a directory where I copied the entire folder of the image sources. The implementation I wish it was like before, booted from the USB and after a bit, seemed to tap directly on the installation of Windows 7. Did not apply the image with imagex. And the ISO I've tried with that command, but I am not successful.