Thread: Dual Boot Windows 7 to 32 and 64 bit

Dual Boot Windows 7 to 32 and 64 bit

Hi I own a HP notebook that came with an operating system Windows 7 32-bit professional. And also I bought a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. To install it I make formation with HD and installed the new operating system that works correctly. But now I have to reinstall the old system to 32 bit, therefore I was going to do a dual boot with W7 64bit and 32bit in order to take advantage of both operating systems. To do this, I partitioned HD through INSTRUMENTS administration-computer management-disk management. My HD is now partitioned into three volumes: SYSTEM, C: with windows 7 64 bit and a third volume D: dynamic. Now when I insert the Windows CD 7 32-bit and launch the installer and run the custom, when I go to decide where to install the volume, i.e. in this I get the following message: '' Unable to install Windows in this space on your hard drive. This partition contains one or more dynamic volumes are supported for installation'' So I cannot continue with the installation. How do I solve this problem?

Re: Dual Boot Windows 7 to 32 and 64 bit

First you download GParted through this from here. And after that you burn the .Iso on a CD that will boot. And then start the PC with the CD of Gparted. You'll see an intuitive graphical interface. So after that you delete all partitions on the hard disk. And ya after doing this you will lose all the data. And when you see the whole disk with all the unallocated space always use Gparted to create two primary partitions and format to NTFS. Control, such operation which is finished, you have only two primary partitions formatted in NTFS. Once this is done start the PC with the Windows DVD 7 32-bit, indicates the first partition and install. After installation, and after the last reboot, start the DVD with Windows 7 64-bit, indicates the second partition and install. This will create the dual boot menu.

Thanks for the reply, but my problem is that I can install the second operating system on D:, it seems to me if I select a row with a yellow triangle with exclamation point, and that says unable to install the operating system in this partition and if I wrote: ''Cannot install Windows in this space on your hard drive. This partition contains one or more dynamic volumes are not supported for installation'' and of course the word ''continue'' to go forward in transparency and cannot be clicked. I was wondering if there is a command prompt to see the partitions from the command line. I think there is some other partition is there.

If the notebook was purchased with Windows 7 32bit systems would be more practical to put the whole as it was at the time of using the dedicated partition (if it still exists). If the partition, then you should no longer be in possession of the Windows 7 DVD Pro 32-bit OEM. Then clarify this point and then continue.

They are in possession of the Windows 7 DVD pro 32-bit data from HP and dvd windows 7 64 bit. And both allow the shaping of the hard drive but only for the partition where I have installed the current operating system and not one where I would like to install it. Now my goal is to go all HD''dynamic''to the''base''so that you can dual boot that is otherwise denied. I do not have any problems with the execute command prompt or training to the entire HD.