Thread: Windows 7: Force Feedback on Xbox 360 Racing Wheel using Wireless Gaming Receiver

Windows 7: Force Feedback on Xbox 360 Racing Wheel using Wireless Gaming Receiver

I am annoying to utilize my Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel in Microsoft Windows 7 by means of the Wireless Gaming Receiver to attach it to my computer. It connects well and I can utilize the wheel in games, but I am not receiving any force feedback and I don't notice it stated in the device configuration in the control panel. I also searched on one website and it identifies that the wheel should have drivers presented for Windows Vista in the future with force feedback but I cannot locate state of these drivers anyplace.

Re: Windows 7: Force Feedback on Xbox 360 Racing Wheel using Wireless Gaming Receiver

I am also utilizing this wheel with Microsoft Windows 7 through the wireless receiver. Essential functions work, but I would akin to information regarding while the force feedback drivers will be available, like the unique and subsequent posters.
    • Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows
    • Windows 7
    • Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel

Re: Windows 7: Force Feedback on Xbox 360 Racing Wheel using Wireless Gaming Receiver

I called Xbox support but they are of no use, to place it graciously. Later than about many emails back from Xbox support they provided me this reply: “Thank you for calling Xbox Support. Kindly note that, the update to resolve your problem has not been out up till now. Keep updated with all our release notifications dates by visiting our official web site. Please connect to Xbox LIVE for any novel updates.” They had no thought what I was talking about. How will linking to Xbox LIVE acquire me a Windows driver?

They would not; Xbox Live does not release drivers for Microsoft Windows 7 or windows Vista. I don't know why that was recommended. A user does not have to be indexed with Live or own a 360 to use this wheel on their computer; it is just one more peripheral. This requires an appropriate driver. I hope this gets extra attention soon and we as a minimum get an ETA on this or confirmation that it is being worked on as stated.

I recently acquired an XBOX 360 steering wheel for my wireless gaming receiver. I have a computer functioning Microsoft windows 7 and in general it is working as estimated. Obviously the just genuine trouble is no force feedback. Luckily I as well have an Xbox but I would still favor drivers on the Windows side since I perceive the Xbox nearing the end of its run at which time I will be keeping the steering wheel for the windows box. This controller contained the Microsoft logo on it. While purchasing, the hope was that it would be just also supported as any of the 3rd party controllers, if not improved.