Thread: Is it possible to install DirectX 9.0 on Windows 7 64 bits

Is it possible to install DirectX 9.0 on Windows 7 64 bits

I have a video games which says it needs DirectX 9.0c and won't run on Microsoft Windows 7 64 bits. Can I purely download DirectX 9.0c and setup it? Please provide me some way or some download link too, which help me to solve my issue. And if possible then also provide me some help regarding DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. So at the end I am just saying that please help me!!!

Re: Is it possible to install DirectX 9.0 on Windows 7 64 bits

Microsoft Windows 7 includes DirectX 11. On the other hand, it does not comprise all the components of earlier versions of DirectX. This can reason a few games not to work. The way out is to download and install the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer. Microsoft DirectX is a group of technologies intended to build Windows based computers a perfect platform for running and exhibiting applications well-off in multimedia elements for example full color graphics, video, 3D animation, and affluent audio. DirectX comprises security and performance updates, together with lots of novel features across all technologies that can be handled by applications by means of the DirectX APIs.

The trouble was that even though the error dialog box was saying that the game did not notice a DirectX 9.0c well-matched video card, the genuine trouble was that it was DirectX 9.0c sound drivers which were necessary. I improved my motherboard sound drivers and it all worked very well. By the way, the trouble was in fact being reasoned by The Sims 2 extension kit: the Teen Stuff and the Kitchen and Bath Kit which both necessary DirectX 9.0c sound. While I removed these 2 kits, The Sims 2 Apartment Life would work very well too.

I have DirectX 11 on my computer, and I did enclose troubles with games which are expecting a DirectX 9 driver. I previously figured this out personally, but I suggest this guy's solution to anybody else who is having troubles. This will install older DirectX components which lots of games persist to depend on. Possibly by the time DirectX 12 comes out, they will just include this things automatically and save everybody an annoyance.

Did it not run at all, did it suspend with an error message, or what? Provide me some precise information what you did and what the program did and I will undertake to assist you the most excellent way I can. If your just trouble is games are stopping with an error message of something like "Cannot find d3dx9_37.dll" or something to that result, after that only utilize a search engine and seem for a site where you can download that file. You can after that take out the file you downloaded to your 'System32' folder, even though regularly placing the file in the game folder can do the deception also.