Thread: Windows 7 unable to go to sleep

Windows 7 unable to go to sleep

Hello friends totally confused, I am unable to go to the sleep mode then I called the Acer last day and they told me to do a fresh installation of windows 7 OS, which I did. The difficulty is on battery or plugged in, when It comes time for the screen to dim it will dim, but while it come up to time for the monitor to go out it goes right backside to the desk top and it will not completely go to sleep until and unless I close the lid. Acer informed me that it is the Microsoft trouble and for that I should have to call for the Microsoft instead of Acer. When I initially formatted my hard drive and re installed windows it worked very well, but after that I started doing the entire updates from windows that when it appears to confuse up. Any idea what might be creating this trouble? Thanks for any help

Re: Windows 7 unable to go to sleep

I think the problem is related with your mouse drivers. The generally the mouse drivers manufacturing company must have to release the latest drivers pack for such kind of problem. if your mouse is from the HP and they point out that the performance is by design and it cannot be distorted then you may not be able to resolve this kind of problem.

What you do is first go into the device manager, and in that enlarge Mouse and the other pointing devices, from that right click on to the mouse and choose the properties. In that press on to the tab of the power management. Check the small package next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. You may also have to uncheck the Allow this device to wake up the computer first. Your mileage might differ as Windows won't let me ensure this box for my wireless mouse but I don't have any of the sleep problems moreover.

I was also having the same problem but anyhow I resolved this issue. When I upgraded it to the Windows 7 from vista operating System the recent past, for no matter what reason it determined to observe some folders. Fortunately, I observed it in the hidden icon into the taskbar and clicked the "Stop" button. In fact, on some other forum someone talk about about pending Windows update causing Windows to not sleep. Although that has not been a difficulty in any of my additional machines, I determined to verify if something was waiting. As I scrolled over that icon, I determined to look at it and that turned out to be the problem.