Thread: Windows 7 extremely slow browsing and creating folders

Windows 7 extremely slow browsing and creating folders

I'm having a somewhat extraordinary problem with Windows 7 RC. I've observed that browsing folders is normally slower as compared to the Windows XP, but still tolerable. But recently I'm having a bunches of problems that is of the moving files, creating folders, renaming folders and files, and also coming up for an Explorer window to refresh after some external applications has produced or customized a file. Every now and then I have to stay up to 30 seconds for a fresh folder to be shaped, and an additional 10 or 15 seconds after I rename it through "New Folder" to whatsoever. These do not occur in each folder in my HDD, other than I don't recognize accurately in which ones. I considered it was the indexed folders, thus I detached a little from the Windows Indexing database, and they were still slow. Then I considered it would most likely occur in folders that are fraction of a library, so I uninvolved them and the difficulty was still there. I can't think of any more cause for this to occur in several folders and not others. It appears to occur in my regularly used folders. Please help me out.

Re: Windows 7 extremely slow browsing and creating folders

Hi friend, I found this difficulty, and it's not Windows 7 or Windows explorer's mistake, in any case not straightforwardly. The thing which was creating the difficulty was several stupid BG processes that NERO installed on to it. I really disgust Nero; I estimate the difficulty was several inappropriateness among that ineffective Nero program and a little additional windows process. So, clearly, I don't utilize Nero any longer. Have somebody else experienced sluggish folder browsing when Nero 8 is installed? It is the Nero that is causing the problem. Bye!

Try to perform these steps. Initially you open the control panel through the Start button from the task bar and then from control panel go to the System and Security, from that go to the Power Options, now you try to Edit Plan Settings. I am presumptuous that you are using balanced. At this instant select the advanced button, and from there go through the options and locate the power settings for you gear. I encompass my processor put to a minimum of 5% to be convinced its throttled back when not wanted. Less heat means longer life.

I had this difficulty on Windows 7 of 64 bits. It was a shell extension set up by the Snagit. It caused creating folders and removing folders to obtain more than the minute. I then make use of the ShellEx to eliminate it and difficulty determined. On one more system Windows 2008 upgraded from Windows 2003 this difficulty persists (slow folder creation) I have exactly disabled the entire non Microsoft shell extensions and BHO's etc and still no modification. I hope there were several simple diagnostics tool obtainable to track these things down, I was executing ProcMon but I couldn't resolved from the output something helpful. Note that creating folders in Total Commander or DOS results in instantaneous conception, as a result that guides me to think its a Explorer hook.

Essentially windows 7 are attempting to optimize the folder for you, which is not essential in the majority of the cases. 1) When lying on the slow folder, you then click on Organize, and choose Properties. 2) Have a clack on the Customize tab. 3) and modify "Optimize this folder for:" from Videos to "General Items". Confidently this helps.