Thread: Does Windows 7 create a recovery partition

Does Windows 7 create a recovery partition

I am staying in Bangalore for my studies and I am using the computer since I started my college and using the following specification that is using windows 7 64 bit version operating system with Intel Core 2 Duo processor and also having the 2GB RAM. I want to know that is it possible that windows 7 itself create a recovery partition and also please let me know if it is possible ate what size it does. Please enlighten me. I will be very grateful to you.
    Last edited by Absolete; 18-12-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Re: Does Windows 7 create a recovery partition

Yes, it does generate a 200 MB recovery partition: This is intended for the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE), which too transport by means of Windows Vista simply it was accessible from the Windows Vista setting up disc simply, though a number of OEMs complete it obtainable on a divide divider on their factory setting up. In Windows 7, this characteristic is installing on each computer, and is stored in the 200MB panel if you set up by means of a sole partition system. though, if you set up on a drive that have numerous partitions, the recovery surroundings is stored in a file in the origin of your setting up drive, so if you set up to a divider by means of a tag of C:\ it will be situated at C:\Recovery.To admission the structure Recovery Environment within Windows 7, merely boot your processor, presently previous to the system install the Windows operating system; press the [F8] Function 8 input on your keyboard which will start the Advanced Boot alternative list of options. There you will observe a fresh alternative 'Repair Your Computer', choose this alternative and press 'Enter' from your keyboard.

I would like to create a partition on the hard disk for the system backup. Then when it comes down when booting directly access it and save the system. Actually, the same as the manufacturer to make one but just themselves? Does anyone know how this works? Please help me. Many thanks in advance.

With Acronis True Image and the function "Secure Zone" You should be well served. I deliver an objection but the same with: Although I am many years of satisfied users of True Image, I back up my data on a separate disk without the "Secure Zone" - too often I have read about it, that people in the Fal of the cases no longer have access to the Secure Zone could. Although the individual stories may have been just, I do not have to have