Thread: Windows 7 cannot upgrade

Windows 7 cannot upgrade

Well i am currently working on the windows Vista. It is basically a home edition and i have brought windows 7 home edition and i am thinking of upgrading to a standard edition. The problem is that on the last step during upgrading it gave me a problem. The problem was that my laptop rebooted. Now what it has resulted is that it gave me certain message saying that it is trying to restore all the files. Now it is happening everytime. What can i do for a successful up gradation. It is really causing me a problem. I have checked my windows files and they are genuine. Also there is no issues with my laptop as it is has a good configuration and satisfies all the requirements needed for upgrading. So suggest me some solutions.

Re: Windows 7 cannot upgrade

I would suggest that you can solve it with the windows recovery edition. Which is available in the windows 7 DVD. If you have it. Well what you can do in the recovery environment is that you will have several recovery tools to help you get sorted out. So when you start with the solution go to the command prompt and type the following command cd c:\users and get into a directory and look for the pages which comes with the tag" the line is too long". Move all the folders of that particular page having such tag to a temp folder. After all such pages are moved. Reboot the computer and see the changes. You will be able to carry on the installation part successfully with the current vista.

Well i have another solution for you. If your upgrade gets stalled at one point. Refusing to go beyond that. Then you can definitely try with a software called Microsoft Fix It. This particular software will be available in any of the Microsoft websites. Do download it from there and burn it into the DVD and run it and its wizard will give you a step by step process to get back with the installation. Just try with that it will definitely help you.

Hey even i am facing with this same issue. The problem is that i got the windows 7 downloaded from the internet. Source is the digital river. Well even i am stuck with the downloading part at a particular point and it does not seem to go ahead beyond that. Looking at the solution that you have provided to solve the issue by the windows 7 DVD. What can be the issue here. Remember i have downloaded the iso file. So any proper solutions to guide me through this issue.

Well the only thing i can advice you here is that check whether your installation part is done properly or not. However to have a look at the various iso issues and its solution. you can check the link here Cannot install window 7 in parallels 6. Now check the link and do that necessary changes. However if your problem still persists then the only solution left is to report the problem to the digital river people and have a talk about this issue. They may be able to guide you properly with this issue and possibly you may find a solution.