Thread: Cannot install window 7 in parallels 6

Cannot install window 7 in parallels 6

I am trying to run the window 7 on the virtual machine called parallel. i am having parallel 6 and i am trying to install the windows 7 on the parallels 6 but i am unsuccessful in doing the same. Now what can be the problem behind it. Every time i try to install the windows 7 it shows me an error and says to install the cd/DVD of the windows 7. The problem is that i don't have the DVD for the windows 7. I only have the ISO file of the windows 7 which i got it during the downloading of the file. I even tried burning the installation file on the DVD but that also failed. So what should i do now. I don't have the DVD for the windows 7. Any suggestions.

Re: Cannot install window 7 in parallels 6

Well i can say that the file may have got corrupted that why it is giving you such type of problem. What you have to do is that check whether your .iso file is corrupted or not. If it is corrupted then do try installing another windows 7 iso file from the windows website and also the image. Ensure that the whole image is downloaded. Ensure that you check the downloaded image with the help of the md5 hash. This will definitely help you. Do follow this solution and you will get through your problem.

Well i have gone through your solution and i found out it to be interesting. So i went ahead with it but it has not totally helped. I tried downloading the new iso file thinking that the existing file may have got corrupted. So now as i have upgraded to a newer version i found out that the existing product key cannot be used in this version. So i am stuck again. From where can i get a new product key. Do help me out with this one also.

Well you can definitely get it. What you can do is that select the computer option, right click and go to its properties. Where you will get different tabs. Go to the windows activation and select the link that will be provided. On clicking that link you will be redirected to the windows website page and you will be given the option to change the product key. So just type the existing product key and activate your license by providing the necessary details. They will get back to you with the new product key. Which you can use it to the existing windows 7 for activation. So just carry on this steps and do let me know if it works for you.

OK tried with this solution and it has worked for me. So thanks for the efforts that you have put in. I was under the impression that i will not be getting any other product key for my windows 7. Now after getting the product key it is really working fine in the virtual environment of parallels. Now i am very happy with the way its working out. Again i want to thank you people for the solutions it has really helped me.