Thread: Invalid win32 application: \boot\bootsect.exe

Invalid win32 application: \boot\bootsect.exe

I am presently running Microsoft windows XP professional 32 bit Operating system. As well in my control is a Microsoft windows 7 ultimate 64 bit operating system's ISO file. My aim is to begin the installation of windows ultimate 64 bit through a USB pendrive. I lastly establish a promising link via Google search. I managed to acquire through till the 15th November. In the 16th November, I am wedged. I find the error -I:\boot\bootsect.exe is invalid win32 application as I am working a 32 bit Operating system. Is there any way to dig up through this? Some sites present a free installation of a 32 bit version of Microsoft Windows 7's bootsect.exe. Should I put back my 64 bit bootsect.exe which there in my unique Windows 7 x 64Ultimate ISO file with a 32 bit one and make an ISO file with the rest of the files unbroken, will I be able to get through the 15th November?

Re: Invalid win32 application: \boot\bootsect.exe

I also have the same problem; I have 5 drives in My Computer. Every one of them partitioned utilizing the NTFS file system. My windows XP Professional 32 bit is in C: drive. I do not mind losing the data in C: as that is where I have intended to install windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. On the other hand, I do require the files in the further drives. Here my query is: Will I be able to access those files in the further drives later than installing windows 7 x64 in C: drive?

While making a bootable USB device, I am receiving an error about bootsect. To build the USB device bootable, you require running a tool called bootsect.exe. In few cases, this tool requires to be downloaded from the Microsoft Store account. This may occur if you are annoying to make a 64 bit bootable USB device from a 32 bit version of Windows.

I have a few steps to download bootsect:
    1. Login to your Microsoft Store account to analysis your buy history
    2. Seem for your Windows 7 purchase.
    3. Next to Microsoft Windows 7, there is an extra download alternatives drop down menu.
    4. In the drop down menu, choose 32 bit ISO.
    5. Just Right click on the link, and after that save the bootsect.exe file to the place where you setup the Windows 7 USB or DVD Download Tool.
    6. One time the file saved, move back to the Windows 7 USB Download tool to make your bootable USB device.

If it is possible to reinstate the 64 bit bootsect file with a 32 bit bootsect file on his thumb drive, so that he can boot from it, and setup on a newly formatted hard drive. He is not annoying to begin the installer on his 32 bit system; he is annoying to create a bootable thumb drive for 64 bit on a 32 bit system, which is not possible. As for a reply, I cannot assist you. I am at the similar trouble. I have attempted downloading other people’s bootsect files and reinstating them with the 64 bit ones, but I still don't boot from the USB drive on a restart. I am going insane. If anyone establishes any solution, please provide to me.