Thread: How to do a Clean Install and Partitioning Hard Drive in Windows 7

How to do a Clean Install and Partitioning Hard Drive in Windows 7

Hi,
    I have ordered Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Edition. I desire to fresh my hard drive spotless when I set up this improvement. First of all, I was speculating if so as to probable is set up Windows 7 from an Upgrade version. Second I am disbelief but the upgrade software will mechanically divide my hard drive and set up or if so as to is even needed. My hard drive is at present partition only since it mechanically was that method when I buy it. Thank for any help. Please help me.

Re: How to do a Clean Install and Partitioning Hard Drive in Windows 7

Yes you need to go away the previous version of Windows on top of there, however then Windows 7 will provide you the choice of doing a spotless install, which will after that permit you to take away vista otherwise xp. But in arrange intended for Windows to confirm the upgrade it has on the way to initially notice vista otherwise xp, and after that you can decide to perform a clean install and create a fresh partition if you want. Or it will provide you the alternative to immediately mark over vista; which in my opinion for me that alternative fright me. I sketch on doing a spotless install and leaving from 32bit on the way to 64bit. I really wiped the whole thing on my HD and set a fresh duplicate of vista on now so it does the confirmation when I improve tomorrow on the way to windows 7.
    Last edited by sergioKomic; 18-12-2010 at 12:47 PM.

I just bought a DELL laptop with vista home premium service pack1 (64 bit) eligible for the update Windows 7 and I will soon receive as a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit I want to perform a spotless install and I wonder if, when select the installation partition (ie C: which is installed on Vista) I have to reformat it and in this case if it prevent me from creating file vista "Old". In this case, it does prevent me from reinstalling Vista later if problems arise from my restore CD? Also, I have 500 GB on my hard drive and wanted to know if I could, during the installation process, make 2 partitions I do not know how. Do I first install W7 and return later to partition the disk?

I see that you do understand the basics of installing Vista / 7. If you have your restore disk, you will have no problem to reinstall your original operating system. You thought to create this record is a good thing. By cons, what you did not think to do is partition from the beginning, as you plan to do now. So you'll have to save your data on another disk on external USB for example, or a network drive .Indeed, to repartition the system needs a large amount of free space. In your case, it seems preferable to copy the data elsewhere, and only then repartition possibly overwriting your current Vista from your original Vista. Be aware that a disk upgrades Vista to 7 + consume disk space to install a final 7 natively. More you should not install the Win Update 7 directly; it should insist that your vista is first on the disk. I therefore advise you to leave a clean system to avoid exploding the size of your data systems.

Hi,
    Can you experts tell me in what I just bought Acer Aspire 4820TG-5454G64MNks the operating system without all the additional new can put in my? I would really just the operating system (Windows 7) and the necessary drivers without all the software that I thwarting my system unnecessarily. Me the recovery feature am a help? How do I go there about it? For your advice I would be very grateful.