Thread: Getting error-“ERROR: 0xC004C008” while activating windows 7 home edition

Getting error-“ERROR: 0xC004C008” while activating windows 7 home edition

I am having a 3 user license windows 7 home edition installation. I have made the first two installations on my laptop and then tried to make the third one on the desktop then it is not letting me to do the same. In fact it gave me an error message saying that “ERROR: 0xC004C008. Now I don’t know what went wrong in the installation and why I am not able to install the last and the third time setup of the disk. And sometimes it seems me that the setup is completed and the system simply doesn’t starts. How can I activate the windows 7 home edition? Please help me in this case and also let me know how I can solve the issue.

Re: Getting error-“ERROR: 0xC004C008” while activating windows 7 home edition

Well if you will ask me then the setup must have occurred perfectly and you are simply not able to activate the windows 7 home edition and if you want to activate it then just follow the below mentioned steps:
    • First of all press the windows logo key and then press R.
    • It will bring the Run dialog box on the in front of you
    • In that box you have to type slui 4 and press OK.
    • This will start the manual activation wizard
    • After that you have to select the country in which you belong to and then press next.

Well as said by you that the setup is completed but you are unable activate the same. Then there is a definite problem in the activation of the setup it must be needing the activation key or it may have happen that the activation key is not proper. What you have do in this case is just that use the appropriate activation keys to start the windows 7 home edition.

Well if you will ask me then I will suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:
    • First of all boot the windows 7 desktop.
    • Once the desktop is started then you have to click start and then type cmd
    • Then you have to right click on the CMD and you have to run as the administrator
    • Then the command prompt window will open
    • In that you have to type regedit
    • And after that change the value to 0
    • Then just go back to Command Prompt,and then type :slmgr /rearm
    • After that you have to restart the system.