Thread: Install windows 7 full version on a new hard disk

Install windows 7 full version on a new hard disk

I am currently using the Windows XP operating system in my computer. Recently I have bought a new hard disk and I am very interested in Windows 7 therefore I just wanted to install a full version of Windows 7. I want to know that if I need to do something special to install it or I just have to install the new hard drive and then install the Windows 7 on it. Please reply as early as possible. I am waiting for the reply.

Re: Install windows 7 full version on a new hard disk

Don’t worry; you do not need to do something special to install that. This is also the Microsoft’s product and having the same installation procedure. So you just have to take the bootable CD of the Windows 7 and boot the system with that. After that you have to just follow the onscreen instruction by it. If you have knowledge to install Windows XP then you will be able to install it without any problem.

I agree with the above post but then also I am giving you the steps by which you can install the Windows 7.
    1. First of all turn on computer and put in the installation disc for Windows 7 or USB flash drive after that shut down computer.
    2. Then Reboot your computer
    3. Press any key from your keyboard when it prompts you. Now follow the onscreen instructions.
    4. Enter your language on the Install Windows page and additional preferences. Click Next.
    5. If you don’t see the Install Windows page and it does not ask you to press any key then you have to modify a few system settings.
    6. Click on I accept the license terms after reading license terms page and click on Next.
    7. Click on Custom when kit asks you that which type of installation do you want?
    8. You have to select the partition where you need to install Windows 7.
    9. If you see a dialog box that says that Windows may make extra partitions for system files. Click OK button.
    10. Follow the onscreen instruction till the installation finish. This will involve naming the computer and setting the first user account.

I am having some notes for you that you have to consider while installing operating system.
    • If you are using the improved edition of Windows 7 with no operating system installed on the hard drive, I mean if your hard drive is new then you have to keep the product key box blank while setup. The upgrade version needs Windows XP or Windows Vista that is to be preinstalled on the system for activating Windows 7.
    • You may require updating drivers subsequent to Windows 7 installation. For doing that you have to click on Start button and select All Programs. Now click on Windows Update. If Windows Update do not have the driver that you want then you should Update driver used for hardware that is not functioning correctly.

Do you want to replace your new hard drive? If that is the case then you should remove the old drive from your system and insert the new one. Insert the installation disk in your computer boot the system from CD. After that all the procedures are simple as it is similar to the installation of the Windows XP.