Thread: Windows 7 starter to windows 7 premium on Archos 9: Failure upgrading windows

Windows 7 starter to windows 7 premium on Archos 9: Failure upgrading windows

Hello friends, I have just purchased an upgrade from windows, anytime upgrade from windows 7 starter to windows 7 premium, the software and the other major applications took lots of time to download and install, it seems to be very irritating and the most irritating thing is after 2 to 3 hours it shows me the message that "failure upgrading windows reverting changes, do not turn of your computer? Please I need some good help.

Re: Windows 7 starter to windows 7 premium on Archos 9: Failure upgrading windows

You should first make sure that you meet up the minimum necessities to run Windows 7 Home Premium, because the system necessities to run Windows 7 Starter are more sympathetic compared to premium editions such as Home Premium and the other edition such as Professional or Ultimate version. What you do is first Run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, it will scan your system and gives a report telling you if your system can run Windows 7 and if there are any known compatibility problem with your programs or hardware then it gives you direction on how to resolve possible concerns found, and suggests what to do before you upgrade. This will surely fix your problem.

Re: Windows 7 starter to windows 7 premium on Archos 9: Failure upgrading windows

I had already got the success in it. What you try to perform is first click to the Start button, go to the run option and type MSCONFIG and then hit the Enter. Beneath Startup uncheck Security Essentials so it will not begin with system restarts. Now download and install ALL the FIVE latest Archos 9 Driver updates. It will show the restart prompt then allow system restarts when prompted. After that Run Anytime upgrade. Mine installation freezes in between somewhere around at 40% 75% and again at 85% but was finally successful. I now just had to wait for the system to work during the three slow spots. My Archos is now quicker and runs smoother than before.

I do had the identical problem as you have now on to an Archos 9 and I attempted it 4 to 5 times, in addition after upgrading to the last upgrades I don’t get the result but at the end I pulled it out, The Antivirus application. Uninstall it and all worked fine now. Better you also try to uninstall the anti-virus from the system and check for the issue.
    Last edited by Ronchi; 17-12-2010 at 05:25 AM.