Thread: Can not install Windows XP mode

Can not install Windows XP mode

I am having a valid copy of Windows 7 Pro 64 bit which has the newest windows updates that is functional on a moderately new system. I want to install XP mode but I am not able to get over to the activation problem. I have selected Professional 64 Bit, English download XP mode. It asks me to download and install the windows validation components before that. But when I downloaded and tried to install that then it shows me the messages that it is already installed. Can you tell me that how can I make my system essentially validated? I don’t see any error except "Windows activation is already installed" and after that it aborts the installation.

Re: Can not install Windows XP mode

I was also facing the similar problem earlier. I tried many things to solve that but it does not solve the problem for you. Finally one of my friends solved the issue. He just went to the Windows updates and uninstalled the update 710333 through the update manager. After that he ran a few DOS commands as below:
    Slmgr -upk
    Slmgr –rilc

After that one more slmgr command. Once you are done with this then you have enter a windows product key and then install the updates again.

I think that you need to download and run Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. This will help you to troubleshoot non-genuine notification problems. When you Run this tool then you have to click on the Continue button and after that click on the button for copy and paste it to a word file. This will give you the necessary information to solve the problem.

There are many built in tools for Windows 7 that will assist through program compatibility. Programs for Windows XP should be installed in a straight line on Windows 7. Windows XP Mode has a lot of older Windows XP efficiency programs. These programs are not natively well-matched with Windows 7. Therefore helping understands price savings as well as decreases likely operational downtime by expanding the life of softwares that are existing. You can also visit the Windows 7 Compatibility Center so that you can get the software which will work with Windows 7.