Thread: How can I shift the Windows XP Mode VHD to another drive

How can I shift the Windows XP Mode VHD to another drive

As I was setting up the Virtual PC I unintentionally selected the incorrect drive for the place of the VHD. I attempted to move it and it displayed the error messages. I separated Virtual PC and XP mode on Microsoft although the VHD file is also there, I cannot remove it and because I tried reinstalling I now have two occurrences of the XP mode base VHD which I can't do nothing with. I tried building a virtual machine and then modify the settings to point to one of the VHDs with no chance. I require some help to shape out if I can eliminate the VHDs from my computer so I can try to start all over or how can I shift the Windows XP Mode VHD to another drive? Help please.

Re: How can I shift the Windows XP Mode VHD to another drive

The base VHD, from the program files cannot be shifted or renamed, if it is been done, XP mode will end booting. To shift the files in c, initially boot XP mode, in its place, saving the virtual machine, shut it down. Modify the close settings to display the message to the user for close action. Shut down the virtual machine, and select the shutdown option. This will eliminate the vsv file. Do not remove the .vsv file, as it consist of data if you have not saved within the virtual machine. At the moment, shift the 'C:\Users\CHRIS.domainname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Virtual PC\Virtual Machines\Windows XP Mode.vhd ' to a preferred position. Open XP mode settings, go to hard disk 1 setting, and reappoint the hard disk to the fresh position of the vhd. You must now be capable to boot off the virtual machine.

If you trying to uninstall it then you first click to the Start button, from that go to the run and type the View Installed Updates and then press enter with the help of your keyboard. Now you scroll down and have a look for the entries for the virtual PC and XP mode. After that perform the right click and uninstall it.

I was also having the similar problem. Unfortunately, System Restore did not eliminate the VHDs, I'm afraid I'm trapped with them. The trouble is that even after I reinstall Virtual PC, it cannot work with the virtual hard drive, I have downloaded XP mode twice, it also not helped me but at last what i did is, i Copied all the Virtual Machine files to any of the driver and check the shortcut to the vmc file, it really worked for me.