Thread: Windows 7 Starter OEM Installation

Windows 7 Starter OEM Installation

Two days before I bought an MSI U130 notebook commencing Argos that come up with pre-installed by means of Windows 7 Starter. When I used that for two days and lastly leasing all the updates download. After that when I tried to restart the system then kit does not load the operating system. It is constantly giving me errors like SLMUZ is compressed, press ctrl, alt and delete to restart. If I do that then it gives no changes and I wedged in a boot loop. Can you tell me that what can be the problem with this and how can it be solved I will appreciate each and every reply. Thank you.

Re: Windows 7 Starter OEM Installation

Hi PWallace,

Thank you for your post. Taking into account a number of OEM's modify their installs to contain exact features, drivers etc. it is recommend that you should make contact with your OEM provider or computer manufacturer in to get the reason and the answer for this problem. I think that you have to replace media to resolve this issue.

Microsoft does not allow downloading the Windows 7 starter from their site. If you have bought it from torrents or file sharing then it is possible that it can contain the viruses, spyware etc. Have you installed any antivirus on your system? If not then you should install a good antivirus on your system and scan the entire system with that. Before begin to scan you should make sure that the antivirus which you are using is up to date. If not then update it first and then start scanning. Clean or delete all the files that are detected as corrupted. This can solve the problem.

If you are having the unactivated license key then only OEM copy will work. I don’t think that you can order the license from Microsoft. It should come from the OEM copy but that key should not be used earlier. So I think that the OEM copy which you have will get installed but before that you have to perform few cleanups. Cleanup means that you have to remove all the apps that are exact to the machine it was destined for. So take care of these things and this will solve the problem.

I am agreeing with the above post that there are many OEMs that comprise software as well as drivers for their precise devices. There are also some softwares that it has their own. If those softwares are out of date then also you will get the problems like this. whenever I purchase a new machine with an OEM the first thing which I perform is to clean and install by using a general OEM disc as well as download the suitable software and drivers from the website of OEM.