Thread: Unable to install the windows 7 64 bit in AHCI mode

Unable to install the windows 7 64 bit in AHCI mode

I want to install the windows 7 64 bit in the AHCI mode on my system but somehow I am not able to do the same. I don’t know why the system Is not letting me to install the windows 7 in the AHCI mode. Please help me in this case, does anyone else have ever tried of installing the operating system on in the AHCI mode if yes then please let me know how to do it. Here is the system configuration of mine:
    1. Intel dual core processor
    2. Windows XP 64 bit
    3. 2 GB Ram
    4. 250 GB hard disk

Re: Unable to install the windows 7 64 bit in AHCI mode

Well I guess you have installed the proper drivers of the Intel version on your system. It may happen if the appropriate drivers for the system are not present then the system tends to give this error. So what you have to do in this is just that insert the driver disk and then install it or if you don’t have then just download the appropriate one and then just install it on the system./ I hope that this will help you to solve the issue.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that if you want to solve the issue then just configure the BIOS for the Enhanced IDE. Doing this will enable you to install the windows 7 on you r system in the AHCI mode. I hope that doing this will help you to resolve the issue. And also will make sure that you will not get any resistance from the BIOS side.

I think that the windows 7 that you are installing is not of ultimate version and that is the reason why you are getting this error. Now what you have to do here is that first see which version you are installing on the system and if it is other that ultimate one then it will not cooperate with you. And if the version is of the ultimate one then it will definitely run in the AHCI mode